• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Prospect Brandon Williams

TheRumGone

Yep, he set school records. He is an athletic freak for sure. Just hope he can put up a good showing, learn the playbook, and be an effective player for us. Even if it's just depth, we need an all-around talented roster.

This dude is more than just depth for christ sakes. 

He has FREAKISH measurables, good hands, fast, apparently a good blocker. 

Dude should be starting on an NFL roster if healthy. 

This dude is more than just depth for christ sakes. 

He has FREAKISH measurables, good hands, fast, apparently a good blocker. 

Dude should be starting on an NFL roster if healthy. 

He hasn't proven anything yet, that's the point. That's why I said it is a longshot. Because any UDFA is a longshot to be just depth. That's why Byron Bell's story is incredible. His measurables are insane, but he hasn't played a snap, he hasn't played against top competition, and he hasn't played for 2 years. It's very exciting, but calm down. The guy has a long way to go.

Greg Olsen, Richie Brockel, Ben Hartsock <<< Greg Olsen, Brandon Williams, Nelson Rosario/Richie Brockel/Ben Hartsock

It's nice to have two "blocking" TE but they're not as good at blocking... Hopefully Williams can be both a blocker and a vertical threat for us. I also have high hopes for Nelson Rosario looks like he has put more weight/muscle on since last season 

He hasn't proven anything yet, that's the point. That's why I said it is a longshot. Because any UDFA is a longshot to be just depth. That's why Byron Bell's story is incredible. His measurables are insane, but he hasn't played a snap, he hasn't played against top competition, and he hasn't played for 2 years. It's very exciting, but calm down. The guy has a long way to go.

Proven / Competition is overrated. 

Most important things are ability, skills, measurables, and athleticism. All of which he possesses on an elite level. 

You cant compare him to a normal UDFA. Injury, transferring from D1 to D2, and all the freakish measurables. He is not your typical UDFA 

He has came back from his injury and is in great shape and is already pretty polished fball player.

He does not "have a long way to go" imo 

Greg Olsen, Richie Brockel, Ben Hartsock <<< Greg Olsen, Brandon Williams, Nelson Rosario/Richie Brockel/Ben Hartsock

It's nice to have two "blocking" TE but they're not as good at blocking... Hopefully Williams can be both a blocker and a vertical threat for us. I also have high hopes for Nelson Rosario looks like he has put more weight/muscle on since last season 

Agree with you on that one.

It's always fun to play GM, but personally; I'd stick Brockel as the back-up fullback unless Zordich or Breitenstein really, really, impress and then roll with Olsen, Williams Hartsock.

My best case scenario would be...

FB: Mike Tolbert, Richie Brockel (back-up)

TE: Greg Olsen, Brandon Williams, Ben Hartsock (blocking)

Practice Squad

TE: Nelson Rosario

FB: Zordich/Breteinstein

Just my two cents...

Proven / Competition is overrated. 

Most important things are ability, skills, measurables, and athleticism. All of which he possesses on an elite level. 

You cant compare him to a normal UDFA. Injury, transferring from D1 to D2, and all the freakish measurables. He is not your typical UDFA 

He has came back from his injury and is in great shape and is already pretty polished fball player.

He does not "have a long way to go" imo 

He has good size, speed, and ball skills ......Rivera said  " Williams is a strong blocker at the point of attack" combine that with is receiving ability he has good chance of making it to 53 men roster giving us a perfect compliment for Olsen...

He has good size, speed, and ball skills ......Rivera said  " Williams is a strong blocker at the point of attack" combine that with is receiving ability he has good chance of making it to 53 men roster giving us a perfect compliment for Olsen...

With his measurables, speed, ball skills, athleticism, and blocking abilities. Should be lock for the other TE spot. 

Agree with you on that one.

It's always fun to play GM, but personally; I'd stick Brockel as the back-up fullback unless Zordich or Breitenstein really, really, impress and then roll with Olsen, Williams Hartsock.

My best case scenario would be...

FB: Mike Tolbert, Richie Brockel (back-up)

TE: Greg Olsen, Brandon Williams, Ben Hartsock (blocking)

Practice Squad

TE: Nelson Rosario

FB: Zordich/Breteinstein

Just my two cents...

Yeah.. In my opinion why are they on the roster if they are average at what they do best? 

And a quick question for you.. (I know it won't happen but) Why waste a roster space with having both Brockel and Hartsock on the team? I'd have to keep Brockel since he's more versatile (can play FB and TE) 

I agree with putting Rosario on the PS again and if he doesn't put up he needs to pack up 

Yeah.. In my opinion why are they on the roster if they are average at what they do best? 

And a quick question for you.. (I know it won't happen but) Why waste a roster space with having both Brockel and Hartsock on the team? I'd have to keep Brockel since he's more versatile (can play FB and TE) 

I agree with putting Rosario on the PS again and if he doesn't put up he needs to pack up 

I actually had that typed out but then I thought the same thing as you, it probably won't happen. Like you said, it wastes a roster spot having two of the same player on the team.

With his measurables, speed, ball skills, athleticism, and blocking abilities. Should be lock for the other TE spot. 

You are forgetting what the number one measurable is; Actually playing. Listen, i want this guy to succeed and be that other TE position because of all the things you just mentioned. But there has been many, many players before B Williams who have those measurables but don't produce on the field. We just don't know at this point. So for you to say he should be a lock is putting the cart before the horse.  I'm rooting for the guy but don't get ahead of yourself.

I actually had that typed out but then I thought the same thing as you, it probably won't happen. Like you said, it wastes a roster spot having two of the same player on the team.

Exactly! That could be a roster spot for Melvin White or Robert Lester (if they live up to their potential in PS)

Archived