• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

I thought I would make this thread just to separate actual news regarding the draft...

Rick Bonnell: Rich Cho said current players would be immaterial to who they pick at No. 4. Says size, rebounding, shooting greatest needs. Twitter @rick_bonnell

To my knowledge, this mean BPA.

Look for new Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations Flip Saunders to engage Charlotte, holders of the No. 4 pick in next month's draft, in trade talks. According to league sources, Saunders is a big fan of Indiana guard Victor Oladipo, and the only way to get him is to move up from the ninth-spot. 1500 ESPN

There could definitely be a Derrick Williams, 9th overall pick for 4th overall pick trade in the works.

Might former Kentucky center Nerlens Noel still be available when the Charlotte Bobcats pick fourth on June 27? A player-personnel executive connected to a lottery team thinks that’s a real possibility, despite Noel often being listed as the first or second pick in various mock drafts. This executive, speaking on condition of anonymity because he’s not authorized to give pre-draft interviews, predicts the first three picks will be some order of Nevada-Las Vegas forward Anthony Bennett, Kansas shooting guard Ben McLemore and Georgetown forward Otto Porter, Jr. Charlotte Observer

Regarding Nerlens Noel being available when the Hornets pick

As we've previously reported, he's seriously in the mix with the Cavs for the No. 1 pick, with some sources indicating the Cavs could be moving his direction (I'm told Noel, Porter and Oladipo are the others). The Bobcats are also very high on Len, as are the Suns and Pelicans. ESPN.com

Everyone is interested in Alex Len apparently (including Cleveland)

Virtually every team at the top of the draft is still considering McLemore. The Magic, Bobcats and Suns look like the most plausible destinations. ESPN.com

ESPN thinks Charlotte is a good destination for McLemore

I don't see Oladipo being the pick---he is essentially MKG. I think our big board is 

Nerlens

McLemore 

Bennet

Zeller

Len 

Shabazz (don't count him out- for some reason I could easily see us taking him on his potential)

I don't see Oladipo being the pick---he is essentially MKG. I think our big board is 

Nerlens

McLemore 

Bennet

Zeller

Len 

Shabazz (don't count him out- for some reason I could easily see us taking him on his potential)

Yup. I think Shabazz will go higher than most people thinks. I would not mind him at no.4 at all. I think MJ will take a HARD look at the kid. He was highly touted as a prospect since HS. If anything, he should be the pick at 4.

Already posted this in one thread, but for those that haven't done their Bazz Muhammad research... well you can forget him as being our pick.

Some GM's said they wouldn't be surprised if he fell out of the lottery...

People are saying his work ethic is poor and he is not a good teammate. Oh yeah, he also lied about his age.

On top of that, his combine performance was down right dreadful lol.

Just a few links for ya...

http://www.sbnation....draft-2013-ucla

http://probasketball...abazz-muhammad/

Personally I don't see all the Glamour in Mclemore.   Seems like  Henderson who can shoot slightly better from 3.  I don't see much more than a roleplayer in Mclemore.   I think we would benefit just as much from  a C/PF such as Bennett, Len, or Zeller, and it wouldn't create any issues in the 2014 if a Wiggins or Parker pans out, and we are fortunate enough to be in the position to take one either of them.  

Personally I don't see all the Glamour in Mclemore.   Seems like  Henderson who can shoot slightly better from 3.  I don't see much more than a roleplayer in Mclemore.   I think we would benefit just as much from  a C/PF such as Bennett, Len, or Zeller, and it wouldn't create any issues in the 2014 if a Wiggins or Parker pans out, and we are fortunate enough to be in the position to take one either of them.  

Well for starters, he shot 50% from the field, 42% from the three point line, and 90% from the free throw line while averaging 16 points per game.

He also has a 6'8 wingspan, a 42 inch vertical jump and is super athletic.

He also runs the 3/4 court (which averages out to 31 yards) in 3.2 seconds.

On top of that, his per 40's were incredible... (20 ppg, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 steal)

His efficiency ratings were also good as well, as he averaged a point every play.

What might be the most impressive is his true shooting percentage which clocks in at 63%. To put this in perspective, anything over 50% is considered good, anything over 60% is considered exceptional.

Finally as far as efficiency goes...

McLemore accounted for 21% of his teams points (per game), 30% of his team three pointers (per game), 13% of his teams rebounding (per game), 10% of his team blocks (per game), and 14% of his teams steals (per game).

If you ask me, that's what makes him a very good ball player...

The only question I have is if he can shine under the bright lights, if he can (I know people will laugh) but a Ray Allen type of career is not out of the question for McLemore.

One of my main issues with Mclemore is his disappearing tendency.   We already have MKG who has a habit of disappearing on offense as well, and that's not  a good combination.  I also question his shot creating ability, yes he can shoot 3s and dunk, but what else can he do?   He would need a big to take some attention inside first to create some open looks which we currently don't really have, and I think should be a focus on in this draft.  

I don't want to clog up this forum so I'll ask this question here...

Why is Reggie Bullock so underrated in this draft? At the combine all I was hearing was that he was the best shooter in this draft, he's a lock down defender, and he can drive to the basket pretty good. So why is his draft stock in the second round?

I don't want to clog up this forum so I'll ask this question here...

Why is Reggie Bullock so underrated in this draft? At the combine all I was hearing was that he was the best shooter in this draft, he's a lock down defender, and he can drive to the basket pretty good. So why is his draft stock in the second round?

I want to say that it has to do with him being primarily an outside shooter.

He's not the best one-on-one player like Hairston is. Also he's not very aggressive toward attacking the rim (like Hairston), if I'm not mistaken Bullock only averaged two foul shots per game (that's not very good).

The main thing holding him back is probably his defense, if he is able to get it together and truly commit to playing two way ball; he will have a Danny Green type of NBA career.

I want to say that it has to do with him being primarily an outside shooter.

He's not the best one-on-one player like Hairston is. Also he's not very aggressive toward attacking the rim (like Hairston), if I'm not mistaken Bullock only averaged two foul shots per game (that's not very good).

The main thing holding him back is probably his defense, if he is able to get it together and truly commit to playing two way ball; he will have a Danny Green type of NBA career.

Thanks!

One of my main issues with Mclemore is his disappearing tendency.   We already have MKG who has a habit of disappearing on offense as well, and that's not  a good combination.  I also question his shot creating ability, yes he can shoot 3s and dunk, but what else can he do?   He would need a big to take some attention inside first to create some open looks which we currently don't really have, and I think should be a focus on in this draft.  

That I will agree with you on, he struggles off of the dribble (which separates him from players like Ray Allen); but with proper coaching he can develop a go to crossover move that will really help his game. Remember he was just a freshman last year, so he has time to grow. There are obviously some questions surrounding his disappearances in games and his inability to create his own shot. However, I am under the assumption that the good outweighs the bad when it comes the McLemore.

If McLemore ever develops something like the video below, he will be a very good ball player...

Archived