• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

'Significant interest' in Jamarcus Russell. Has lost 50lbs since Feb.

He's at the same weight as when he was drafted I believe.

His worth ethic and all that is definitely questionable, but I wouldn't hate too much on his stats the guy played for the Raiders.  He's doing all he can though, I mean losing 50 pounds and getting in shape DOES show work ethic.    He was young and stupid like a lot of us were and made some dumb choices, difference is we weren't making millions while doing it.   So he said he's even open the CFL if no NFL team wants him?  Shows a bit of humility IMO, although it could be just BS.

There is a big difference between work ethic to lose weight so you can make a roster compared to daily work ethic every day all year round to become a great quarterback once you have made a roster.  His desperation is born of being broke which essentially goes away when he signs a contract.  The question is what motivates him then? Sure he may have made a big change and did a turnaround, but I would think any contract would have been incentive laden with nothing guaranteed.  The onus is still on him to show he is a changed man.  Even then it isn't guaranteed he will be successful.  Lots of guys have physical talent but it doesn't always translate to success.

You know, as Panther fans, we should all be very thankful for this guy.  Because of his failures, it pushed the owners even more to get a new rookie pay scale so the paydays are not as crazy lol.

Good point.  I'm sure Sam Bradford helped too.

Archived