• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All you IT peeplez types get in here and help with my new laptop.

Darth Biscuit

Default screen res on the laptop display is 1920x1080.

At that resolution I need binoculars to read the text.

When I turn it down, the text gets "fuzzy"... it is irritating me.

On my secondary display, an Acer 24", the text at 1920x1080 is perfect.

Any suggestions?

Default screen res on the laptop display is 1920x1080.

At that resolution I need binoculars to read the text.

When I turn it down, the text gets "fuzzy"... it is irritating me.

On my secondary display, an Acer 24", the text at 1920x1080 is perfect.

Any suggestions?

Go into your screen resolution tab and there should be an option to make the text larger.  It's under Control Panel > Appearance and personalization > Display.   

You'll see the option for screen size, then on the right hand side you'll see advanced.  If you look underneath that you'll have a link for enlarging text. You don't need to click on advance settings. 

Go into your screen resolution tab and there should be an option to make the text larger.  It's under Control Panel > Appearance and personalization > Display.   

You'll see the option for screen size, then on the right hand side you'll see advanced.  If you look underneath that you'll have a link for enlarging text. You don't need to click on advance settings. 

I actually tried that... didn't seem to do anything.

I actually tried that... didn't seem to do anything.

If you click on 125% it really should have enlarged everything a substantial amount. Would have given you a warning that everything might not fit on the screen and so forth. hmm..

If it's just happening in some programs then you can try to adjust the DPI settings on your computer.

Go to screen resolution, then to make text larger or smaller, Then on the left pane click on select custom text size(DPI). Make sure that the use Windows XP (DPI) is selected and see if that works for you. 

Also for any of these settings to take place you'll need to log off of your name then log back in. 

I did that, but the fuging text looks fuzzy... argh.  Changing the screen res shouldn't affect the way the text and all looks.

That's odd.  Some resolutions can make text look messed up but 1440 has always been good.  Update your graphics drivers perhaps?  Or there might be some nvidia(or whatever card manufacturer you have) 'control panel'.

That's odd.  Some resolutions can make text look messed up but 1440 has always been good.  Update your graphics drivers perhaps?  Or there might be some nvidia(or whatever card manufacturer you have) 'control panel'.

I've tried everything suggested and it's still fuzzy at 1440.  It is an Nvidia Qudaro 4000m and I've played with all the Nvidia control panel settings too... :(

Guess I'll just have to sit closer as was suggested...  that will get old.

I've tried everything suggested and it's still fuzzy at 1440.  It is an Nvidia Qudaro 4000m and I've played with all the Nvidia control panel settings too... :(

Guess I'll just have to sit closer as was suggested...  that will get old.

Follow the post below this one and set the settings back to the default. Let me know in PM if that doesn't fix it. 

Archived