• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CP3 and Howard want to play together

PantherAZ

I really think that only the Lakers, Clippers, Hawks, and the Bobcats have a shot of landing both of these guys.

Lakers would have to amnesty Kobe in order to make room for CP3 (not gonna happen)

Clippers would need a sign and trade with Lakers in order to make room for Howard trading Bledsoe & Griffin or Jordan for Howard (this is feasible, but I don't see the Lakers trading Howard to their in-town rivals)

Hawks could make room, but would literally be cutting everyone on their roster and would have no chance to compete next year

Bobcats would have to trade expiring contract Ben Gordon, and Amnesty Tyrus Thomas.

I think the Bobcats are in the best financial position in the league to make it happen... odds are it won't though.

The Rockets could also make space for both guys. Off the looks of it they have $38 million in committed money, with the likes of Garcia, Delfino, Brooks, and a few other low earners. Those three guys if the Rockets take their team option would combine for $12 million. But they could cut them and free up some money. The other way they can make room for them is to trade Asik and Lin, both of whom will have quite a number of suitors. 

For the Rockets if they can trade Asik and Lin, and in turn sign D12 and CP3, then that would be an excellent swap. Would the Lakers and Clippers be interested in a trade and sign deal?

It would obvious take some maneuvering around that starts with shipping Ben Gordan to Milwaukee for the 15th pick, amnestying Tyrus Thomas, and letting Mullens, McRoberts, Williams, and Henderson walk, a long with cutting Adrien.

If this all happens, the Hornets would have around $23 million in cap to sign Howard and Paul and to top 15 picks...

I can dream right?

It would obvious take some maneuvering around that starts with shipping Ben Gordan to Milwaukee for the 15th pick, amnestying Tyrus Thomas, and letting Mullens, McRoberts, Williams, and Henderson walk, a long with cutting Adrien.

If this all happens, the Hornets would have around $23 million in cap to sign Howard and Paul and to top 15 picks...

I can dream right?

Let me know where I am wrong...

With everyone you mentioned off our books McRoberts, Henderson, Williams, Adrien, & Mullens

we would leave us at around $40.5 mil salary

Amnesty Tyrus Thomas... we are now at $31.9 mil salary

You can't trade Ben Gordon for the 15th pick straight up without receiving a bad contract back (Money has to work in NBA trades)... so I think the only scenario in which we got Howard and Paul would involve trading Ben Gordon for one of those guys.... for math sake, we will just knock Ben Gordon off of the books as if he was involved in a trade... leaving us at $18.5 mil

So at $18.5 mil... our roster consists of:

Ramon Sessions

MKG

Kemba

Biyombo

Brendan Haywood

Jeffrey Taylor

Sign Howard and Paul to Max deals... Howard ($20.5) Paul ($18.7)

After signing the big names we are at $57.7 milllion with a project $58.5 million salary cap and could only dole out mid level contracts.  I am also assuming that we would have to trade the #4 pick with Ben Gordon for either Paul or Howard in the trade scenario.

This is just rough numbers, but I think we actually have a chance of pulling it off... instead of the $23 mil to sign both guys like you said.

With everyone you mentioned off our books McRoberts, Henderson, Williams, Adrien, & Mullens

You can't trade Ben Gordon for the 15th pick straight up without receiving a bad contract back (Money has to work in NBA trades)... so I think the only scenario in which we got Howard and Paul would involve trading Ben Gordon for one of those guys.... for math sake, we will just knock Ben Gordon off of the books as if he was involved in a trade... leaving us at $18.5 mil

Ramon Sessions

MKG

Kemba

Biyombo

Brendan Haywood

Jeffrey Taylor

After signing the big names we are at $57.7 milllion with a project $58.5 million salary cap and could only dole out mid level contracts.  I am also assuming that we would have to trade the #4 pick with Ben Gordon for either Paul or Howard in the trade scenario.

This is just rough numbers, but I think we actually have a chance of pulling it off... instead of the $23 mil to sign both guys like you said.

Looks good to me.

Ramon Sessions

MKG

Kemba

Biyombo

Brendan Haywood

Jeffrey Taylor

I wonder if there is a scenario where we could pull of a double sign and trade Henderson, Gordon, 4th overall pick for Paul and the 25th overall pick.

Yea, Imagine:

PG: CP3 / Kemba / Sessions

SG: Caldwell-Pope

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist / Taylor

PF: Howard / Biz

C  : Alex Len / Haywood

or

SG: McLemore

PF: Plumlee / Biz

C  : Howard / Haywood

or

SG: Caldwell-Pope

PF: Howard / Biz

C  : Noel / Haywood

Someone explain to me why both CP3 and Howard would come play here in a small market?

Being in a big market isn't everything for a lot of guys, especially for a guy like Chris who is from the area and is trying to raise a family. As far as Howard goes, we have two of his favorite coaches...

The question is, why would they both not want to come to Charlotte.

Being in a big market isn't everything for a lot of guys, especially for a guy like Chris who is from the area and is trying to raise a family. As far as Howard goes, we have two of his favorite coaches...

The question is, why would they both not want to come to Charlotte.

Howard was obviously more comfortable in Orlando where he didn't have a ton of pressure and expectations.  I think he would do well going back to a smaller market.  Not sure about Paul though, I think he probably just wants to win.  But, both guys are popular enough that it's not like they'll lose endorsements or anything coming here.  I don't see it happening, but just throwing those comments out there.

And if they want a legacy, leave it somewhere where you don't have to share it with past Lakers or legends.  

Archived