• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CP3 and Howard want to play together

PantherAZ

DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford and Eric Bledsoe for Dwight Howard (in a sign and trade)

why Clippers do it:

CP3 has not gotten along with Jordan very well. Wants to play with Howard.

why Lakers do it:

if they don't do a sign and trade- they will most certainly lose Howard for nothing to ATL or someone else.

Kobe always loved playing with Caron and was mad when LA traded him to Washington a few years ago.

Clippers:

PG - Chris Paul

SG - Jordan Crawford

SF - Matt Barnes

PF - Blake Griffin

C  - Dwight Howard

Lakers:

PG - Eric Bledsoe

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Caron Butler

PF - Pau Gasol

C  - DeAndre Jordon

Yeah I see both teaming up on an LA team, or another big market team.

BUT..if Chris Paul wanted to come back home, this would be the opportunity to do so.  Anywhere he and Howard went together would be an instant legit contender, and maybe Paul could convince Howard to come..IDK.  I dont know how NBA players feel about Charlotte.  Would just seem to me that with the name change back to the Hornets and Paul growing up in NC, that he would be a frigging legend if he came here and won a title..Same with Howard. 

We'll see what happens but Im already getting excited that they are talking about playing together.  If they TRULY do want to play together, I think we have a shot at it. 

Can't see why either want to play with each other though...

Dwight couldn't play with Kobe...CP3 is just as big of a competitor/dick as Kobe.  CP3 feuded with Jordan and Blake all year because they weren't serious enough.  Dwight is going to finally be serious?  Chemistry problems waiting to happen more than likely if they pair up. 

I really think that only the Lakers, Clippers, Hawks, and the Bobcats have a shot of landing both of these guys.

Lakers would have to amnesty Kobe in order to make room for CP3 (not gonna happen)

Clippers would need a sign and trade with Lakers in order to make room for Howard trading Bledsoe & Griffin or Jordan for Howard (this is feasible, but I don't see the Lakers trading Howard to their in-town rivals)

Hawks could make room, but would literally be cutting everyone on their roster and would have no chance to compete next year

Bobcats would have to trade expiring contract Ben Gordon, and Amnesty Tyrus Thomas.

I think the Bobcats are in the best financial position in the league to make it happen... odds are it won't though.

Archived