• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vice Documentary on North Korea

TheRumGone

nail on the head scrum. its one thing to do that first view. go back and see how things are is the litmus test. otherwise it could be considered ratings grab.

easier said than done. A lot of these docs are just lucky, where the stars aligned perfectly. although i agree going back and doing follow ups would be fascinating.

easier said than done. A lot of these docs are just lucky, where the stars aligned perfectly. although i agree going back and doing follow ups would be fascinating.

oh totally it would be hard. but gentle relentless pressure tends to lead to change.

I thought the same thing, but their stuff before being HBO'ed is really good.

Has he always been their backer?

No Shane Smith, Suroosh Alvi and some other guy who is no longer apart of it started it 20 years ago in Canada then moved it to New York.  This HBO thing is new. But never once did I feel like they were being biased.  Vice is a well-oiled machine so I doubt Maher had any influence on it. He is just investing in the show.

I thought the same thing, but their stuff before being HBO'ed is really good.

Has he always been their backer?

no, he hasn't, and vice has always been like that it was a magazine before they made video stuff...  i know a few guys who work for them and have worked for them in the past.  it's shock-journalism and very hit or miss but at least it sometimes gets people engaged in something.

Archived