• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your not going to get my business anymore....

charlottenian

I guarantee it!!!

I only went to this damn store because of this dude.... He was like the Dos Equis guy.... 

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/19/mens-wearhouse-george-zimmer-fired/

Sad that he founded a company, built it up only to be canned by the people he brought on. I hope he does to them what Steve Jobs did to Apple when he got it back.

Since starting the first Men's Wearhouse (MW) clothing outlet in Houston in 1973, George Zimmer has followed a low-cost contrarian formula. He shuns glitzy retail areas and malls, preferring to open stores in outdoor plazas. He even stars in his own TV commercials. "I have more belief in my company than anyone else," Zimmer says. "So why hire an actor?" Why indeed. Since going public 15 years ago, Men's Wearhouse has grown its annual profit from $5.9 million to $149 million. 

One more contrarian thing: It is Zimmer's policy that no employee or interviewee will ever undergo a criminal background check. Conventional retail wisdom says this guarantees petty larceny on a grand scale. In fact, the company loses a mere 0.4 percent of revenue to theft, way less than the typical 1.5 percent loss suffered by big retailers

"I don't trust the U.S. justice system to get it right," says Zimmer, who is himself a recovering alcoholic. "I'd rather make my own decisions, and I believe in giving people a second chance."

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/biz2/0705/gallery.contrarians.biz2/10.html

I never knew this. There should be more people like this man. 

I'm sad now. 

Archived