• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andre Iguodala?

Ruff

So, Iggy made it official that he's opting out of his contract with the Nuggets.

I would love to see Jordan and C(h)o go after him. Why? Yes, he's 29 years old, but he's still a very, very good player. He's a very viable option at the 2 guard, leaving MKG to play the wing, he can run the floor, rebound, and make plays with the ball in his hands. Defensively, he's a monster. He was Denver's primary perimeter defender last season.

He's going to want a very, very large contract. He made $14.9 million last season with the Nuggets, but I don't know if he is expecting that moving forward. Even still, the guy is going to want a chunk of change. But, Iggy is a star player, and someone who is definitely exciting to watch/could bring in fans, and could really challenge some of the lower seeded teams in the East by his attacking style.

Iguodala wouldn't even accelerate the rebuilding process... because he's just a shell of what he used to be.

If you watched Denver last year, you saw the decline if AI2. By the end of the year, Iguodala was the fourth scoring option on the team behind Lawson, Gallinari, and Chandler.

Iggy is still only in his 9th season. I think a lot if that has to do with Denver system and Iggy being on a rather good team compared to in Philly. Put Iggy here and he'd be the 2nd scoring option behind Kemba; 16-17 ppg?

But, the Pistons are extremely serious about adding Iggy. Lets hope they are too, bc that may just give us their pick (top8 protected) next year.

Archived