• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

carpanfan96

My first question was if you wanted to sign Jefferson or not, because him and Zeller playing at the same time is bad news waiting to happen. So if Jefferson is here, those two have to be separated as much as possible court time wise.

Hence is Jefferson worth being even worse on defense and having the 4th overall pick coming off the bench. We are talking about the worst defensive team in the NBA already with better defenders playing then Zeller and Jefferson. MKG can't cover for both of them.

Having good offense and bad defense isn't so bad. I mean we've been having bad offense and bad defense over the years. It isn't like Biz is going to bring a Tyson Chandler or Ibaka type of defense anyway. It's not going to hurt us. It would only benefit of.

Having good offense and bad defense isn't so bad. I mean we've been having bad offense and bad defense over the years. It isn't like Biz is going to bring a Tyson Chandler or Ibaka type of defense anyway. It's not going to hurt us. It would only benefit of.

He's been top 10ish in blocks since he got into the league and top 4 in BP48.  You absolutely need a low post defensive presence. Jefferson is adding 11 points and 1 rebound, but is letting up more then that in return on defense.  I'll stop watching this team if they go after Jefferson and waste all that cap space on his bum ass and try to start Zeller and Jefferson at the same time. 

So since you said no to the first question, you're also against Jefferson being signed to whats likely a max level deal.

No, I'm all in for Jefferson. Max deal or not, if he's willing to come, just pay the man. I'm not going to be picky and say he doesn't fit we'll with Zeller. Zeller being a rookie come benefit from coming off the bench anyway. Doesn't really matter what pick he was. Everyone on the Bobcats are going to see a lot of time and rotation anyway. It's not like we're the Spurs who only play 7 guys.

He's been top 10ish in blocks since he got into the league and top 4 in BP48. You absolutely need a low post defensive presence. Jefferson is adding 11 points and 1 rebound, but is letting up more then that in return on defense. I'll stop watching this team if they go after Jefferson and waste all that cap space on his bum ass.

And once he's balling well, you're gonna eat crows. Just don't be the first to pre order a Hornets Jefferson jersey.

And calling Jefferson a "bum ass" is pretty laughable. Fans complained about MJ not going after players. When he do, fans still complains.

And once he balling well, you're gonna eat crows. Just don't be the first to pre order a Hornets Jefferson jersey.

Nope not at all, I've seen him play a ton. He's horrid on defense and can't run the floor. Signing him would be putting to waste everything the Bobcats/Hornets have done to rebuild through the draft. Signing him and directly effecting their chances in the 2014 draft would be the dumbest thing they've ever done and it would literally be the last straw. 

Edit: I don't want them to sign Pekovic either, but I'd much rather having him over Jefferson.

Nope not at all, I've seen him play a ton. He's horrid on defense and can't run the floor. Signing him would be putting to waste everything the Bobcats/Hornets have done to rebuild through the draft. Signing him and directly effecting their chances in the 2014 draft would be the dumbest thing they've ever done and it would literally be the last straw.

Edit: I don't want them to sign Pekovic either, but I'd much rather having him over Jefferson.

Also, I bet you said you weren't going to watch the cats again after we selected Zeller right? If we're lucky enough to bring Al here, I give you 3 hrs before you change your mind.

Also, I bet you said you weren't going to watch the cats again after we selected Zeller right? If we're lucky enough to bring Al here, I give you 3 hrs before you change your mind.

Actually I really like the Zeller pick with the thought of him playing next to Biz. I defended the pick and said it was the right move to make.  Just like I said earlier that Jefferson makes sense if you plain to play him next to Biz, if not then it's not a very good pickup. 

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/01/frantic-free-agent-pursuit-of-howard-proves-talent-rules-over-all/?ls=iref:nbahpts

There's a video on there, the second part of it is about 40 seconds on Jefferson.   "Offers offense and rebounding 20-10 guy, but needs to improve his defense and be paired with a PF that's willing to do the dirty things" 

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/01/frantic-free-agent-pursuit-of-howard-proves-talent-rules-over-all/?ls=iref:nbahpts

There's a video on there, the second part of it is about 40 seconds on Jefferson. "Offers offense and rebounding 20-10 guy, but needs to improve his defense and be paired with a PF that's willing to do the dirty things"

Sound like a Cody Zeller type of PF. Sure, we haven't seen him play a single min in the pro but he's a blue collar kind of guy that is willing to do the "dirty things".

so how funny is it going to be if we have like a 2% chance to win the lottery and end up stealing it

I realize that we are likely still a bottom tier team, but what if the nba blessed us like cleveland

Sound like a Cody Zeller type of PF. Sure, we haven't seen him play a single min in the pro but he's a blue collar kind of guy that is willing to do the "dirty things".

Uhh, no. Not even close to what kind of PF they are talking about. They are talking about a gritty defensive PF that rebounds and can block shots and play great post defense.  

Archived