• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwight Howard Confirms He Signs with Rockets

Proudiddy

why would anyone want dwight howard? I wouldn't want the biggest cry baby in the league on my team

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

No they didn't, they took away opportunities from Harden, who needs them to score.  Not to mention if they trade for Josh Smith they'll be getting a good defender, but a guy who instead of developing a post game is content to chuck threes at a low rate.  Is Howard an upgrade over Asik? Absolutely on the offensive end, but defensively it's a bit of a wash.  They also took a big hit to their bench when they were forced to let go of Delfino and Brooks.  Did they get better? Sure, but to say they got "much much better" is stretching a good bit.  They're still not good enough, or deep enough to get past OKC, SA, LAC, and possibly not even GSW if Bogut and Lee stay healthy and play to their potential....

They are not good enough to beat the Heat, Thunder, Pacers, Spurs, Clippers and possibly Spurs as currently constructed.  Adding Smith makes them worse offensively honestly, because he just chucks up threes at a very inefficient rate.  Rondo is a pipe dream for them, Celtics are trying to shed salary, not add it by paying Lin 15 million next year....

I'm glad Howard decided against going back to LA.  He's ok with me, now.  Wooh, that Southwest division is going to be tough to get out of.  There's a chance every team in that division could end up above .500, especially with the moves the Pelicans and Rockets have made.  I also expect Dallas to make some moves as well.

Yeah if this rumor holds true, the Rockets, even with Dwight as mentally soft as he is, are an automatic contender. If they get Josh Smith, they are a serious threat to win it all. It's gonna be hard to convince another team to take on Asik's contract though.

Houston will be a good team, but how good will they be even by adding Dwight? They have zero depth behind Harden, Parsons, and Dwight. I don't think that they will compete for a championship right away. They will be really good though and will win 50-55 games imo.

It's still not official though, and Dwight is flying to LA to meet with Mitch. He's probably just telling him face to face, but there was also a rumor out there that Dwight will give LA one last chance to get him to resign (presumably by firing MDA). I think it was started by Alex Kennedy and he said that his sources are "very very reliable". Still 99% sure that he goes to Houston though. Obviously I'd like him back, because he is an allstar C, but I really won't be all that upset if he does go to Houston... I don't think that LA fans really warmed up to him last season so there's really no sentimental value there.

Also, I want to add, a team consisting of Harden, Parsons, and Chandler is a very, very strong team. The pick and roll that could be ran would be devastating, if D12 plays like he means it and doesn't slack off.

Archived