• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TC camp Question.

koolkatluke

Sorry, KKL, this is just another case of the staff knowing more than the fans.  If someone makes the team, I am going to trust that  Rivera, G-man, Proehl, Steve Wilks, Derm and the rest of the coaches know more than me. So, I am not going to get (or have) a bad feeling about anybody, position, or segment of the team.  

When many people look at football, they think of it like education: They expect everyone to learn the same things at the same rate, on the same schedule.  This is really not how life works, so in a way people's thinking and expectations are unrealistic, and their way of judging is stunted and anachronistic. 

If a player that looked like poo when they first came into the league is showing the necessary growth and development in year two, three or four to become a starter or productively fill a spot when the starter is out (as deemed by the professionals), then who am I really to judge?  And this doesn't even address the financial constraints---the puzzle that has to be taken into account when making such decisions. 

When I see a back-up come in, I may have some anxiety (esp. with Naka), but I am not going to have bad feelings until I actually see a proclivity for a player to fug up on a consistent basis.

Archived