• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brendan Morrow Receiving Interest From Canes

Here's an update on the interest in Morrow...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22811319/nhl-rumors-hurricanes-could-be-interested-in-brenden-morrow

I think Morrow would be a good guy to have on the second line with Ruutu and Staal... Maybe a line-up like this is reasonable...

Jiri Tlusty - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin

Brendan Morrow - Jordan Staal - Tuomo Ruutu

Jeff Skinner - Elias Lindholm - Victor Rask

Patrick Dwyer - Riley Nash - Zac Dalpe

Kevin Westgarth

Drayson Bowman

Possible Call Ups: Aaron Palushaj, Nicolas Blanchard, Zach Boychuk, Jared Staal, Brett Sutter, Chris Terry, Jeremy Welsh

Joni Pitkanen - Justin Faulk

Andrej Sekera - Tim Gleason

Mike Komisarek - Jay Harrison

Brett Bellemore

Possible Call Ups: Ryan Murphy, Mark Flood, Michal Jordan

Cam Ward
Anton Khudobin

Possible Call Ups: Justin Peters

Dwyer, Skinner, and Nash are certainly not prospects... and Lindholm was a 5th overall pick; so there's no reason that he can't succeed.

The other two guys (Dalpe and Rask) are only going to be able to prove themselves if you give them a chance.

On top of that, with only $3 million left in cap room you can't sign two more wingers.

It's time to put some faith in the prospects.

Palushaj, Dalpe, Rask, Lindholm are prospects. And Nash hasn't played a full 82 game season yet so you could call him one too.

Bowman sucks. All the forwards you named in possible call ups suck as well.

I'd like a better rotational defenseman instead of Bellemore as well. We fall in love with players that have 1 or 2 good games too quick and pass on other players that could really improve the team.

You're never going to have all-starts from top to bottom...

If you compare that bottom six to other NHL bottom six's, it looks the same.

Also, I wouldn't say any of those players suck... they're playing professional hockey. And once again the only way these players aren't going to be prospects anymore is if you let them play.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're looking for an all-star team. If you want an all-star team you might just want to become a Penguins or Blackhawks fan.

Archived