• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenjon Barner Rising

Zod

I have no doubt Barner will be a star in this league but he may not receive much opportunity.  He has a couple of high salaries in front of him and I seriously doubt carolina will place those salaries on the bench in favor of Barner. I expect to see him on KOR and possibly screens, unless there is an injury, I dont see him running out of the backfield much this year.

Barner will get his opportunities to be productive, regardless if it's out of the backfield or not. But, in regards to the backfield, I don't think salaries in front of him will be taken into account in the slightest if he proves to be able to move the chains. Rivera isn't the type of guy who is afraid to sit a man down if he believes the back-up is apt to be more effective. Politics be damned on the sidelines. Everyone wants the player on the field that affords the team the best chance to win (not saying that Barner is or isn't that guy).

• Pie 1

How would you say that Barner compares to A. Smith and T. Poole?

I'm going off one day of watching training camp so someone may contradict me, but I will say light years ahead of Smith. Poole runs kinda similar - low, quick, elusive. The difference is that Barner hits holes with authority while Poole dances around in the backfield (think Deshaun Foster)

I'm going off one day of watching training camp so someone may contradict me, but I will say light years ahead of Smith. Poole runs kinda similar - low, quick, elusive. The difference is that Barner hits holes with authority while Poole dances around in the backfield (think Deshaun Foster)

Wow, I look forward to seeing him in preseason, which fortunately isn't that far away...