• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I saw in the game.

koolkatluke

Overall

Happy, very happy with the D. Very young and front 7 ARE going to make the secondary look much better than they are.

Offense

QB's

Newton still locking onto receivers, namely 89. Most picks in camp were due to this. Otherwise good

Anderson looked like he had never seen any of the guys he was playing with. Timing, accuracy all off.

Clausen as a third stringer, did okay with what he had.

RB's are our strongest unit with power, speeed and depth

TE's if Williams develops, he can only make the offense better, ala NE last season with their two headed attack

WR's Edwards has the edge for 3 spot and his focus will keep him there.

OLine is still our weakest spot but getting kalil back has helped more than you know. Agree that either Kugzilla or a vet will need to help at some point

Special teams looked better than last year

Bell came into camp a few LBs heavy. They were talking about him trying to cut weight on "This is Gross". So it could be conditioning.

My observations, FWIW:

Anderson and his receivers were more disconnected than Jimmy and his. Anderson needs more work with the ones.

Garry Williams did a good job.

Short will be a beast.

The WR competition is not close at the top:  1. Steve, 2. Lafell, 3. Edwards.  Then you have a logjam. Ginn will make the team, but nobody else has solidified a spot.

If Gano continues to be as accurate as he has been lately--oh my.

Bell played a lot of LT late in the game.  I figured three possibilities:  If Gross is injured, he needs the conditioning, he needs the agility work with his feet.  Regardless, he sucked.  I started thinking, "Next year, they want to play Kugbila at RG, Williams at RT, and Bell at LT--if Gross retires.  I hope not.

Overall, our weaknesses (DBs and OL) did well.  but the bears had starters on the bench (marshall. peppers).  I still do not know why we cannot stop the slant, but the first OL looked decent.

Norman got lucky on the second pick--just a bad ball.  Dockery actually played well.  So did 40 (russell) -- do not be surprised if he makes the team.

I did not see much from Cole (1 tackle though) but he did not get much push vs. the second and third teamers-of course, he is a run stopper.

Our Safeties were not in the picture much.  THat could be good.

Brandon Williams will make the team.  Already better than Barnidge.

All 5 draft picks will make the team and contribute,with Kugbila the only question mark for this season (contrtibuting).

Archived