• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

Bale deal to be announced today more than likely. Sounds like final number is 77 million pounds. I can live with that...

Also the mirror reporting a La Liga team made a 40 million pound offer for Saurez, but I really doubt their accuracy on their report...

Ozil isn't going anywhere. He said he was happy in Spain and had no intentions of leaving for United or anywhere else just yesterday. Di Maria is most likely, though I hope they can find a sucker to take Kaka.

Spurs are on a shopping spree today. Erikson from Ajax is a latest signing and reports that Spurs are not done yet. I think it's more than £77m Madrid will pay for Bale or Spurs going way over their budget. Spurs already spent £120m and they not done yet.

We've also agreed to terms with Lamela from Roma and Chiriches from Steaua Bucharest. Total cost is expected to be 25m pounds or so with incentives bringing it to 30m for the former and around 7m for the latter.

Edit: Erikson deal is approximately 11.5m and finalized

Hey Levy.....FUG YOU!  I love how AVB takes Bale to task in his press conference stating how his behavior is wrong or whatever, but it's alright to hold Bale hostage when you've already said you're moving him to Real because you're worried about what Arsenal may or may not do.  Fuging amateur hour here....

Now now, tempter.....

I agree with Arsen yet again.. it's just smart footballing and good business to hold off reinforcements for your opposition right before you play them. It sets the tone for the season, in a "we already beat you once, we can do it again" mentality, provided we win. Of course, the antithesis to that is if they lose, then that's even worse for morale, as we lost to the depleted by injury team, but I'm not overly worried at the moment.

The thing is though, he's not hostage. He's a player still under contract that is expected to keep his obligations, including showing for training. Nothing more, nothing less. If he'd shown up for practice, it might have been a little awkward for everyone involved, but things haven't been finalized. If I get a promotion to a different department at work, I don't expect to go earlier than when my employer tells me to go. Or better, if I sign a contract for a consulting assignment, should I expect to be able to just skip the last few days of it simply because a bigger contract comes along?

Archived