• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

Palace have one of the best soccer academies in England. I'm surprised they just got back to EPL.

I think the main reason is they traditionally get small attendances, and don't charge ridiculous prices. I know of seasons where they've struggled to take more than 1,300 away to Millwall!

They have a limited stadium too, so no off-field revenue streams. Plus they haven't had any decent managers until Holloway.

There are clubs in the Championship who have far bigger turnovers but are hampered by a poor manager or debts.

Manchester City facing a £50m fine and a squad reduction from 25 to 21 for UCL competitions. Same for PSG I think. We'll see if UEFA follows through.

Basically a "for show" penalty, but I suppose it's something.

It's not severe enough but whatever. 50m is nothing to Man City.

It's not severe enough but whatever. 50m is nothing to Man City.

No. It's not. To common folk, it sounds like a harsh punishment. But I'm certain City will be able to spread that £50m out over 3 years or something. Basically just adding that amount to their transfer budget.

It's simple. You really want to stop it? Ban them from UCL. It's like simulation. If you really want to stop diving, ban players for diving. Allow governing bodies to retroactively award red cards. These slap on the wrist penalties do nothing.

No. It's not. To common folk, it sounds like a harsh punishment. But I'm certain City will be able to spread that £50m out over 3 years or something. Basically just adding that amount to their transfer budget.

It's simple. You really want to stop it? Ban them from UCL. It's like simulation. If you really want to stop diving, ban players for diving. Allow governing bodies to retroactively award red cards. These slap on the wrist penalties do nothing.

Exactly... 

If I'm the one in charge of dishing out punishment, I consider two main options for offenders.

1) The less severe option being no player signed in the next 3 years will be allowed to participate in UCL competition with the club.

2) For clubs deemed to have grossly disregarded FFP rules, a two-year club ban from UCL competition.

If I'm the one in charge of dishing out punishment, I consider two main options for offenders.

1) The less severe option being no player signed in the next 3 years will be allowed to participate in UCL competition with the club.

2) For clubs deemed to have grossly disregarded FFP rules, a two-year club ban from UCL competition.

I'd love both of those options, but how will UEFA/FIFA/FA make any money that way? Not being cynical, of course...

This has been raised today, an idea to create a new league inbetween League 2 (4th tier) and the Conference (5th tier) to create a new league with some of the clubs from the conference and some Premiership 'B' clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819

No, no, no, no, no. The Premiership has ruined lower league football enough as it is.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/05/reports-david-luiz-to-barcelona-edinson-cavani-to-arsenal/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

NBC reports a very good chance Cavani will end up in Arsenal... If this happens... damn!

Cavani

Remy-Ozil-Walcott

Ramsey-Chamberlain

I will orgasm.

Will have to unload Padolski, Giroud, Arteta, Cazorla, Diaby and few others.  That should pay for Remy and big chunk of Cavani deal.

It's nice when you got brand new stadium loan completely paid off and have around $150m extra cash for transfer market.  Board approved purchase of Drexler in January for $60m most cash upfront but Wenger said no.  

What's the reported fee? I get the feeling either Chelsea or United will match whatever Arsenal offers.

$90m.

Chelsea just signed Costa and Man U will not pay $90m for a striker with all their needs plus they already have Rooney.

Archived