• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR's Questions that are important for this Roster.

koolkatluke

As we are coming to 1st Cuts the most contested position has serious question to be answered.

IMO 2 WR (Smith and Lafell) are locks and 2 .5 are headed that way (Ginn, Gettis and Edwards).

I would have Edwards up here but this injury is putting him in Jeopardy. Lucky for him Adams, and Hixon are injured to.

But here are a few questioned I have about the WR position.

1. Will we carry 6 or 7 WR's?

2. Should Gettis now be the front runner for the 3rd WR spot?

3. Is Edwards still in the running for the 3rd WR spot?

4. Will Pilaris special team contribution on return and Coverage give him more value then Hixon and Adams?

5. Is Hixon a Gettelmen Guy?

6. What will weight more Hixon exp. and Regular season success  Edwards improvement and performance in TC or Adams potential and youth?

7. Who being injured right now is hurt more by not being on the field?

As we are coming to 1st Cuts the most contested position has serious question to be answered.

IMO 2 WR (Smith and Lafell) are locks and 2 .5 are headed that way (Ginn, Gettis and Edwards).

I would have Edwards up here but this injury is putting him in Jeopardy. Lucky for him Adams, and Hixon are injured to.

1. Will we carry 6 or 7 WR's? six

2. Should Gettis now be the front runner for the 3rd WR spot?  yes

3. Is Edwards still in the running for the 3rd WR spot? yes

4. Will Pilaris special team contribution on return and Coverage give him more value then Hixon and Adams? No, he is a goner

5. Is Hixon a Gettelmen Guy? I do not think so.  He was a vet min guy, signed when the Panthers thought they had nothing in Gettis and Edwards.  Times have changed.

6. What will weight more Hixon exp. and Regular season success  Edwards improvement and performance in TC or Adams potential and youth? I personally think Hixon will be relaeased. 

7. Who being injured right now is hurt more by not being on the field?  Kugbila, Hixon, and Stewart, in that order.

Adams is the guy hurt the most by being on the training table.

He has no real positive body of work to fall back on. He's quick, but not especially fast, and hasn't even sniffed any real looks at WR.

He may be a good candidate for one of those mystery IR's.

I think this game will tell us a lot.  I don't think we can decide based on these 2 games so far. I expect to see all of the receivers get some work with the first team.

55 with Edwards, Adams and Hixon not able to play in this game what happens and can you make a judgement?

55 with Edwards, Adams and Hixon not able to play in this game what happens and can you make a judgement?

I thought that Hixon was going to play.  I figure Adams is likely a casualty so the only guy who is going to be out  who would be in the mix is Edwards.

Diid Hixon have a set back??

I thought that Hixon was going to play.  I figure Adams is likely a casualty so the only guy who is going to be out  who would be in the mix is Edwards.

Diid Hixon have a set back??

Yeah Hixon had a set back. So him Edwards and Adams are not going to play Thursday. Making this even difficult to figure out.

Yeah Hixon had a set back. So him Edwards and Adams are not going to play Thursday. Making this even difficult to figure out.

If Hixon doesn't get any work in the preseason then it won't be hard to figure out.  I can't see keeping someone who missed the whole preseason. If Adams doesn't play what can you do but cut him.  Edwards will end up making it by process of elimination.

If Hixon doesn't get any work in the preseason then it won't be hard to figure out.  I can't see keeping someone who missed the whole preseason. If Adams doesn't play what can you do but cut him.  Edwards will end up making it by process of elimination.

Then it comes down to the question.

What holds more value with this coaching staff and FO.

Hixon exp. and production in the regular season or Armanti being the TC MVP this year?

1. Will we carry 6 or 7 WR's?

2. Should Gettis now be the front runner for the 3rd WR spot?

3. Is Edwards still in the running for the 3rd WR spot?

4. Will Pilaris special team contribution on return and Coverage give him more value then Hixon and Adams?

5. Is Hixon a Gettelmen Guy?

6. What will weight more Hixon exp. and Regular season success  Edwards improvement and performance in TC or Adams potential and youth?

7. Who being injured right now is hurt more by not being on the field?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

My bet is we carry 2 QB's and & 7 WR's.

But then again....I am not the Shadow.

In the history of the Carolina Panthers, we have drafted and developed only 2 starting caliber WRs.  Smith and Muhammad, Donald Hayes had a couple ok seasons but he didn't make in the league for that long.  I would rather keep the young guys and try to coach them up than keep the walking injury that is on a 1-year deal.  Whatever we do, our WR core just stinks until we can successfully draft and develop talent.

In the history of the Carolina Panthers, we have drafted and developed only 2 starting caliber WRs.  Smith and Muhammad, Donald Hayes had a couple ok seasons but he didn't make in the league for that long.  I would rather keep the young guys and try to coach them up than keep the walking injury that is on a 1-year deal.  Whatever we do, our WR core just stinks until we can successfully draft and develop talent.

The problem is everybody on a 1 year deal.

Archived