• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Q and A with Gettleman

TheRumGone

Undersized, I'll give you. Injury Prone...meh, he never missed any serious time and most games that he sat out were just precautionary either early in the season or late when a playoff birth had been locked up.

Accuracy, however, is flat out false. His lowest completion percentage of his college career was 61% and that was as a freshman with a 140Qb Rating.

As a senior he threw for 3,300 in 12 games yards at a 69% completion percentage and a 147.9 QB rating. Hell as a junior his QB rating was north of 170. 

First of all, he couldn't even win against a lawnmower.  Sorry couldn't resist.......

College accuracy stats are often wildly inflated especially when they are in a spread offense and throw the ball to backs out of the backfield most of the time.  61% is actually not that great in college.

Was Cam considered accurate or was that a knock on him?? His completion rate at Auburn was 66% and his passer rating was 182.  He is still not considered accurate except for his deep ball.

Also, his rushing totals dropped each year. He became more of a passer. For instance, his rushing totals for his sophomore year were right at 1600 yds over 11 games. That's flat out ridiculous. 

His senior year, however, he only ran for 680

So why did his passing TD totals go from 30 in 2008 to 12 in 2009 if he became more of a passer while his rushing totals went from 11 in 2008 to 18 in 2009.  Sounds like he was a major runner in the red zone.

This has been fun. I have to work tomorrow so I need to wrap it up.  Don't take it so serious guys, I was just messing with some of you nuthuggers. Amazing how passionate people are about Edwards years after he played any significant time at QB. I know he appreciates it.  Now go out and be as passionate about him as a receiver.  Because he ain't playing quarterback......  Couldn't help it.

Archived