• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about those RED SOX!

cookinwithgas

ok, so after thinking about the play the last play of the game, here are my thoughts:

1. Great play by Pedroia to get the ball and get it to home in time

2. WTF are you thinking Salty throwing that ball to third? You have the #9 hitter on deck, and Koji on the mound. We already got burned throwing to third once. STOP DOING THIS!!!!!

3. WMB DID look like he moved his feet up in the air, but if you watch the replay, the guy trips on WMB's body, NOT his legs. Therefore, it is the runner's fault, and the wrong call. I can't blame Joyce that much for making the call, because off the bat, it did look like interference, but I hate that it decided the game, and that so many other calls went against us already.

I don't want to see Salty playing anymore this series. He isn't good offensively or defensively....put in Ross and just stick with him. 

If the 3rd baseman had laid there flat, it would have been a non call.

He raised his feet and his body and the runner tripped.  Don't have a dog in the fight, but if it had been a non call after the runner being tripped, you would have had an even bigger uproar.

If the runner had not tripped and gone to the ground, he would have scored most likely

Craig was stumbling when he got up and initiated contact by pushing down on Middlebrooks.  If fault in that case lies on the fielder then every manager needs to coach his players so that every time a fielder hits the deck trying to make a play on a close play/steal attempt (happens all the time, especially at 3B) the runner should step on the player and hit the deck himself in order to earn a free base.

Archived