• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Vince McMahon "You're Fired" List

Rubi

I hate to say it, but you're right. We have to start completely fresh. Especially if you played for Seifert too. Damn.

If there's a way to do it...I'm for it....

Time to change. Simple as that

We already have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Cutting the 5 dudes left who played under Fox won't do a damn thing.

We already cut most of Fox's old vets in 2010. We've gone through the exploding and are several seasons into the rebuilding phase. Smith will retire anyways, and there is simply no use in cutting Kalil or Johnson or Beason or Davis simply because they were here under Fox.

Harbaugh did not gut and rebuild the team when he came in. Nor did Carroll, Kelly, or really any of the young coaches coming in. They took the foundations that are there, and continued to build it toward their philosophy.

The only team I can think of in recent memory that gutted are the Bucs and they're a dumpster fire.

I also found what Wharton said on This Is Gross interesting.....implied when he got back here he had to get used to everyone joking around and be silly. Other locker rooms have a more this is business vibe....this is something that existed before Rivera

We already have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Cutting the 5 dudes left who played under Fox won't do a damn thing.

We already cut most of Fox's old vets in 2010. We've gone through the exploding and are several seasons into the rebuilding phase. Smith will retire anyways, and there is simply no use in cutting Kalil or Johnson or Beason or Davis simply because they were here under Fox.

Harbaugh did not gut and rebuild the team when he came in. Nor did Carroll, Kelly, or really any of the young coaches coming in. They took the foundations that are there, and continued to build it toward their philosophy.

The only team I can think of in recent memory that gutted are the Bucs and they're a dumpster fire.

Those 5 dudes.....are actually the leaders and tone setters for this team. Those would be big cuts if you really wanted to change culture here.

You can cut those guys for other reasons as well.

Those 5 dudes.....are actually the leaders and tone setters for this team. Those would be big cuts if you really wanted to change culture here.

You can cut those guys for other reasons as well.

they would also be big cuts if you want to have no talent on the roster. successful teams do not do the constant gutting thing, they just don't. they change coaches, sure, but they didn't cut Ray Lewis and Ed Reed when John Harbaugh took over. He continued building. Constructive, not destructive.

they would also be big cuts if you want to have no talent on the roster. successful teams do not do the constant gutting thing, they just don't. they change coaches, sure, but they didn't cut Ray Lewis and Ed Reed when John Harbaugh took over. He continued building. Constructive, not destructive.

Gross, Beason aren't hall of famers

Big difference comparing our guys to Lewis and Reed

Kuechly..Star...Cam? Yes. Build around them

they would also be big cuts if you want to have no talent on the roster

Beason hasn't done anything in years. Thomas Davis doesn't have much left....the knee is still a gamble. They represent the past much more so than the future.

We need to blow up our OL regardless. Big money doesn't belong at C.

Smitty doesn't need to be apart of a rebuild. Do him favor if he even wants to keep playing at 35.

So that means CJ....

More names and past history than anything. Kalil and CJ would be the only 2 real controversial ones really....both are overpaid which helps.

Gross, Beason aren't hall of famers

Big difference comparing our guys to Lewis and Reed

Kuechly..Star...Cam? Yes. Build around them

Ok how about "We need to get rid of everyone who was here under the losing culture," and cut Ahmad Brooks, Patrick Willis, Abrayo Franklin, Navarro Bowman, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, etc.

You can't give me the "hall of famers" excuse there, because I believe our roster very much stacks up to that one, and they went 6-10 and worse before Harbaugh joined up. If he had gutted that team, they'd be in the gutter right now. Instead he brought a winning culture through play on the field, not some silly idea about the locker room.

Well the other difference is Harbaugh did it in 1 year. That roster is much more talented

This is year 3 for Rivera. And we have lost how many 1 score games since 2011? We don't have the same personnel as San Fran. Lets be honest

Archived