• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Cam make his WRs better?

Awesomeness!!

You don't have to be GB to find offense. IMO, you can find success with three reliable weapons. We have 89 and Olsen and that makes two. Most of the production has to come from the QB and HC/OC. Russell Wilson doesn't have much receiving help but he still find ways to make those guys up there look like stars. Look at Tennessee for example with Britt, Wright, Walker and Washington. Not much going on with a bad QB at play. We need to gut the whole coaching staff but more importantly Cam has to step up.

Tom Brady won several superbowls with Deon Branch as his number 1 WR. Donovan Mcnabb made Jason Avant and Todd Pinkston house hold names. I happen to think Peyton Manning has always been blessed with good/great WR's. Even Russel Wilson has made Golden Tate look competent. Either way, there are two different possibilities here. Either Cam doesn't make his teammates better, or Lafell, Gettis etc really suck.[/quote

How quick we forget the pats taping the other teams practices...spy gate. They haven't done squatvsince being busted....lol.

No. Cam needs "good" receivers. He's not a Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers who can make scrubs look like Pro Bowlers. Cam needs to be put in a Matt Ryan position with two really damn good receivers and a reliable TE. Cam will struggle if weapons are not added. Put Peyton here in Carolina, and LaFail would instantly be a 1k yards receiver. That's just not who Cam is. He doesn't read defense fast enough and decision making is questionable.

For some reason I have never seen peyton on a team without a loaded WR group. Reggie Wayne and Garcon are doing pretty well without him. Brady is not doing too well without those TE, is he? I wanna see brady in a system without those 5 yards routes and those short sure-handed receivers who can go down their knees to catch those passes. Same for rodgers, he has pass catchers all over the field.

You don't have to be GB to find offense. IMO, you can find success with three reliable weapons. We have 89 and Olsen and that makes two. Most of the production has to come from the QB and HC/OC. Russell Wilson doesn't have much receiving help but he still find ways to make those guys up there look like stars. Look at Tennessee for example with Britt, Wright, Walker and Washington. Not much going on with a bad QB at play. We need to gut the whole coaching staff but more importantly Cam has to step up.

I agree scheme is the main issue. However, Seattle's WRs may not be talented but they are able to find weak spots in zone coverage. Also, they break from their routes when they see Russel Wilson is trying to buy time or is under pressure. Furthermore, they attack the ball, they don't wait for the ball to come to them all the time.

For some reason I have never seen peyton on a team without a loaded WR group. Reggie Wayne and Garcon are doing pretty well without him. Brady is not doing too well without those TE, is he? I wanna see brady in a system without those 5 yards routes and those short sure-handed receivers who can go down their knees to catch those passes. Same for rodgers, he has pass catchers all over the field.

Peyton made Garçon, Collie, Clark.

Brady have made many in the past.

Rodgers made Nelson, Jones and you can even say Finley.

Those guys will not be who they are or were without a Manning, Brady, or Rodgers.

What exactly are you getting at here?

It sounded like you're knocking the success of Wilson by believing that Seattle has more receiving weapons than us; 9 different receivers with a catch. I know that a lot of blame goes to Shula and Rivera but like the saying, a coach can only call the play. Players have to execute it. Cam had better receivers two weeks ago vs Seattle with 89 and Olsen. Cam's inability to find 9 different receivers is all on him too, not just the coaches.

Archived