• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why do people hate on Roddy White?

He is 3rd in yardage over the past 2 years behind Fitz and Reggie Wayne, both considered by many to be 2 of the best. His TD numbers are a bit low but let's consider the QB situation the past 2 years with the Falcons. The first of the 2 years we went through 4 starting QBs i think and had a horrid coaching staff and HC and still managed to have a career year somehow. Last year was a breath of fresh air for Roddy with the emergence of Matt Ryan. TD numbers were still low but consider this

Of Matt Ryan's 16 TD passes, 7 were to White nearly half. Of those 16 at LEAST 5 were longer than 20 yards out. Meaning we don't throw in the red zone often. Roddy White is a top 10 WR. I'd say he's around the 4-6 range also.

If he has another stellar year and ATL makes the playoffs he will probably get more love. Sometimes it takes the media while to catch on to players, sometimes they never do. I'm surprised Jamie Dukes the Falcon homer hasn't been hugging his nuts more. Oh wait, the only ATL related player he loves unconditionally is Ronnie Mex.

He is 3rd in yardage over the past 2 years behind Fitz and Reggie Wayne, both considered by many to be 2 of the best. His TD numbers are a bit low but let's consider the QB situation the past 2 years with the Falcons. The first of the 2 years we went through 4 starting QBs i think and had a horrid coaching staff and HC and still managed to have a career year somehow. Last year was a breath of fresh air for Roddy with the emergence of Matt Ryan. TD numbers were still low but consider this

Of Matt Ryan's 16 TD passes, 7 were to White nearly half. Of those 16 at LEAST 5 were longer than 20 yards out. Meaning we don't throw in the red zone often. Roddy White is a top 10 WR. I'd say he's around the 4-6 range also.

I've been giving the guy props for a while now. To me he's the best evidence to the contrary of the ridiculous argument that Vick's improvement as a passer was because he never had any receivers to throw to....if that's the case why was his breakout season with the Harrington/Leftwich/Redman combo?

I just can't stand when people make top ten lists and he's nowhere to be found. Plus it's the offseason so i have to bitch about something.

well thats the panthers every year...but the falcons have been geting a lot of love IMO a lil too much if you ask me :boxing_smiley:

well thats the panthers every year...but the falcons have been geting a lot of love IMO a lil too much if you ask me :boxing_smiley:

I won't disagree on that but the one player who doesn't get enough love is Roddy White. He's made Ryan's transition MUCH easier than it could have been and he get's no airtime. Our defense is an unknown going into the season so i think with the schedule we go 9-7

I won't disagree on that but the one player who doesn't get enough love is Roddy White. He's made Ryan's transition MUCH easier than it could have been and he get's no airtime. Our defense is an unknown going into the season so i think with the schedule we go 9-7

the thing is do you want roddy white to get all this attention when contracts talks come up?

Archived