• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please No Psyco-Analysis of Cam's Game. Panthers won!

FootballMaestro

I would not call poor decisions and numerous bad throws slight. Maybe 89 pulled up on the one in the end zone, but throwing into double coverage on the other was just bad. Two and half years into the game, there is no excuse for either. Once every other game = OK, two or three per game, NO.

That wasn't double coverage you moron. Just because two guys end up in the camera view doesn't mean they were both covering, the safety was late and the thrown was placed on the wrong shoulder. Bad throw but not a bad decision.

I would not call poor decisions and numerous bad throws slight. Maybe 89 pulled up on the one in the end zone, but throwing into double coverage on the other was just bad. Two and half years into the game, there is no excuse for either. Once every other game = OK, two or three per game, NO.

Then we will likely never have a QB meet your standard.

Because at times Brees and Brady don't meet that standard

terrible thread

and p-s-y-c-H-o

He played pretty good.  2nd INT not on him according to Riv.  He throws on a rope.  Touch comes with time.  Those screen passes are soooo much better than they have ever been so I'm not worried about him developing touch with some more experience.  

just win

Don't stick your head in the sand guys.  Cam looked as if he regressed somewhat, Shula made some whacky calls, and the WR's made more than a couple inexcusable mistakes.  D did OK in the 2nd half, but the first was not stellar either.

It's a good thing fans like you stay in the gutter.

I find it amazing, that even here some posters (such as Xav8tor) want Cam to be perfect every game, while Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, etc., all had INT's or multiple INT games. You can't be perfect in every game, especially the division (no matter the oppositions record). I think this was a good game for the Panthers leading into San Fran. Get the tough game out the way, and/or have the confidence to win another one.

Don't use me as your example.  I routinely post objective opinions and am not overly critical, but I ain't a homer.  Cam should not be making these sorts of bad decisions like throwing into OBVIOUS double coverage (toss it away instead).  Nor should he be throwing so many high balls, especially the short passes.  Given his height and arm length, there's no excuse for that now.  He needs to improve on those areas and move consistently in the right direction to join the elite.  Don't get your panties in wad because people see room for him *and the team as a whole) to get better.  That is how winners become winners.  I say again: those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.  Do you not think these issues will come up in the film room tomorrow?

That wasn't double coverage you moron. Just because two guys end up in the camera view doesn't mean they were both covering, the safety was late and the thrown was placed on the wrong shoulder. Bad throw but not a bad decision.

You call me a moron?  Have you not pied my posts before?  No need to get personal.  I don't give a flip if double coverage was designed or not.  Two defenders that close within striking distance is what it is.

Don't use me as your example. I routinely post objective opinions and am not overly critical, but I ain't a homer. Cam should not be making these sorts of bad decisions like throwing into OBVIOUS double coverage (toss it away instead). Nor should he be throwing so many high balls, especially the short passes. Given his height and arm length, there's no excuse for that now. He needs to improve on those areas and move consistently in the right direction to join the elite. Don't get your panties in wad because people see room for him *and the team as a whole) to get better. That is how winners become winners. I say again: those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them. Do you not think these issues will come up in the film room tomorrow?

You're not being objective, you're being WRONG. It wasn't double coverage. Cams biggest issue was not setting his feet once the pocket got muddy (it happens!)

If you want to be objective know what the hell you're talking about first.

Actually, this gives me more encouragement than anything else. Cam didn't have to be perfect, or nearly so, for a blowout win.

TEAMS are awesome no?

Encouraged me as well. First game I can remember that we won when Cam didn't play well. Definitely encouraged.

Archived