• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New England week

SCP

I must say that I truly enjoyed reading this rah rah bulletin board piece and it did give me a few chuckles. But where I really started to laugh hard was when I finished reading and realized how painful it must be to live in a city that has yet to win a Professional sporting championship. Oh, sorry…I forgot about those Carolina Hurricanes (Raleigh is in NC, right?). My bad. I forgot how all you fair weather fans came out for those games to cheer on a team that was given to you from the North. Typical, right? Us damn Yankees up here always having to give stuff to the South. So I feel your pain. Plus it must sting even worse when your football team gets all the way to the big dance, yet loses again to the North. Ouch…that’s a stinger…

But alas, you always have college basketball right? Who doesn’t enjoy cheering on a bunch of kids night after night only to see them lose to Kansas or Kentucky in the final round? But you have college football right? Oh, sorry…you don’t. You can always travel to South Carolina to see Clemson. But wait…you always have left turn to excite you every Sunday. Who doesn’t enjoy watching 43 cars go in circles for 4 hours? Sign me up!

I can assure you though that living in a city with teams that win is not all it’s cracked up to be. Those late nights watching your team in the playoffs makes for a real bad day at work the following day. Never mind the vacation days you have to burn in order to celebrate with millions of people on the streets of Boston as the duck boats drive by. I mean, who wants to deal with that curse every few years? It’s really torture. Trust me, you are better off living in a city that wins nothing. Gives you much more vacation time to head to the “lake” and party on your pontoon boats.

In closing, it does also sound horrible to have the highest paid supermodel in the world wiping your cornhole. I guess I would rather a sexy woman from the beautiful hills of Lexington to be next to me in bed while she licks vinegar and bbq off her stale cigarette smelling fingers. You are right I suppose. Who need Gisele when you have someone that looks like Honey Boo Boo’s mother? If wearing a pair of Uggs gets me Gisele, drape me in lambs wool from head to toe.

PS: Ben Affleck didn’t need to win an Oscar for Gigli…he already had one on the mantel for 6 years from Good Will Hunting. But if that wasn’t enough, he put another next to it last year. You guys have Ava Gardner though…she came close to taking a trophy home. Much like the Panthers did. But close isn’t quite first, is it?

And Steve Grogan is the QB that brought the Pats to their first SB. He lost unfortunately, but you guys know all about that, right?

Best of luck Monday night. May the best team win.

In case you forgot:

Boston Celtics - 17 World Championships

Boston Bruins – 6 Stanley Cups

Boston Red Sox – 8 World Series Titles

New England Patriots – 3 time Super Bowl Champions

7 Championships in 10 years.

North Carolina Championships – 1 Stanley Cup…impressive

Give us a little time, you all formed your franchise in 1959, 3 super bowls in over a 50 year time span, not winning one till 2001, over 40 years later. We just got started in 1995. We have been to one superbowl and nearly beat you guys. When I think of the New England Patriots I think of Brady, lose him and you folks are sunk. All three of your superbowls have been due to Brady. He has carried the entire team thus far this year. You all made some stupid desicions on your roster, I am sure Peyton Manning is happy though. You better be thanking God Gronk is back. If Brady was to go down, you folks would be in the same boat Green Bay is in. The Panthers have depth at all positions. If we lost Cam, God forbid, we would continue to execute. Tell Tom to put his "getting up off the ground" clothes on, he is gonna need them.

This coming from the guy that called me filth...true class act you are. Sorry Son. Cheer up...

You came here to this board, a Panthers Fan Board with your derogatory, snide, shitty post.  That is the reason for the filth comment.  That still holds true.  As far as class, remember you came here being stupid.  Dont get offended when your called out for it. Act like a troll and you will be treated as one.  As far as your apology goes it was weak, do better.   

You came here to this board, a Panthers Fan Board with your derogatory, snide, shitty post.  That is the reason for the filth comment.  That still holds true.  As far as class, remember you came here being stupid.  Dont get offended when your called out for it. Act like a troll and you will be treated as one.  As far as your apology goes it was weak, do better.   

No need to use vulgar vocabulary...you are better than that.

Not offended my man. Not in the least...takes a lot more to offend me than that!! You on the other hand got a little upset when faced with facts. Its all in good fun son. Laugh a little. It's just football. You think Cam cares that you are defending him on a message board? Nope...all he cares about is winning, money, and maybe some women.

Give us a little time, you all formed your franchise in 1959, 3 super bowls in over a 50 year time span, not winning one till 2001, over 40 years later. We just got started in 1995. We have been to one superbowl and nearly beat you guys. When I think of the New England Patriots I think of Brady, lose him and you folks are sunk. All three of your superbowls have been due to Brady. He has carried the entire team thus far this year. You all made some stupid desicions on your roster, I am sure Peyton Manning is happy though. You better be thanking God Gronk is back. If Brady was to go down, you folks would be in the same boat Green Bay is in. The Panthers have depth at all positions. If we lost Cam, God forbid, we would continue to execute. Tell Tom to put his "getting up off the ground" clothes on, he is gonna need them.

All very true points...but they kind of handled themselves until Gronk came back. Even without a solid slot receiver. And without their best CB on the field.

Just goes to show you that with proper coaching and a good leader, you can make roster moves and still win games.

Its going to be a great game, thats for sure. If the Panthers win, its all good. They are just the better team.

And "nearly beating" just means the Panthers were the first losers. Is there a trophy for that?

No need to use vulgar vocabulary...you are better than that.

Not offended my man. Not in the least...takes a lot more to offend me than that!! You on the other hand got a little upset when faced with facts. Its all in good fun son. Laugh a little. It's just football. You think Cam cares that you are defending him on a message board? Nope...all he cares about is winning, money, and maybe some women.

I havnt defended Cam.  Or anyone for that matter.  I simply called you you out for being a simple troll.  Your inflated opinion of yourself and your facts mean nothing here.  Keep posting though, contrary to what you think this brings me enjoyment.  Watching someone try to be smart and cute when they are actually typical and lame is fun.  Maybe not as much as winning, money and women, but fun none the less.   

I havnt defended Cam.  Or anyone for that matter.  I simply called you you out for being a simple troll.  Your inflated opinion of yourself and your facts mean nothing here.  Keep posting though, contrary to what you think this brings me enjoyment.  Watching someone try to be smart and cute when they are actually typical and lame is fun.  Maybe not as much as winning, money and women, but fun none the less.   

I mean, I am not Tom Brady cute...but very few are. He is one of a kind...

I am enjoying it too. I came on here looking for a good place to tailgate with the locals as thats one of the best parts of travelling for a game, and I saw this thread. Nothing like some good banter before a big game. Its all in good fun!

So if they lost Luke, Dwan, Star & Captain, they'd still be 6-3? Roll into SF and win? Still a top 3 defense?

Gotta be the deepest team in the league...this side of the Pats!

:)

I am enjoying it too. I came on here looking for a good place to tailgate with the locals as thats one of the best parts of travelling for a game, and I saw this thread. Nothing like some good banter before a big game. Its all in good fun!

i enjoy it too.  I have a big tailgate before every game.  About a block and a half from the stadium.  You and any other patriot filth will not be welcome.  Thats the rules.  Cant break the rules.  I dont do well when alcohol and other teams fans are around.  They always say the wrong things.  It never works out.  Besides, the people i tailgate are true filth and have less patience than me.  Not very good at verbal football debates.  They have a more physical style of discussion.  Anyway, I hope the Panthers win and your team loses.  Enjoy the game.   

These guys do a good job www.pantherfanz.net. Think they're having a live band this week.

Archived