• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nirvana MTV Unplugged 20 years later.

Darth Biscuit

If you don't like Nirvana Unplugged, you're either too concerned about looking a certain way to people, or you aren't a person to take seriously. It doesn't matter what music you normally like, you could be a pure hip hop or country fan with no interest in the band otherwise, but you can't deny what the performance was.

this is why most nirvana fans are nirvana fans... because they've been told to be nirvana fans

i like nirvana... just saying

I feel the same way about Pearl Jam.

I loved Nirvana's sound from the very first song I heard in 1991.  

Pearl Jam has a few decent tunes (mainly from the early days) but overall they're not very good to me.  They're by far the worst of the grunge era bands to me.

Also in reference to the rest of the thread I always hated the fact that people try to out-chic one another when it comes to music.

Pretentious music douche #1: "Pffft Beatles are overrated. I like Kurt Cobain and nirvana. They had some message there"

Pretentious music douche #2:" Oh please Kurt was a whiny baby. Bob Dylan was a better songwriter yet he never gets as much credit"

Pretentious music douche #3:"Oh you guys are such tools, Bon Iver's better than all these hacks"

All: "SHUT THE fug UP ABOUT BON IVER"

If you don't like Nirvana Unplugged, you're either too concerned about looking a certain way to people, or you aren't a person to take seriously. It doesn't matter what music you normally like, you could be a pure hip hop or country fan with no interest in the band otherwise, but you can't deny what the performance was.

If you're trying to tell me who I should like and dislike musically, you're the person not to be taken seriously.

I've been listening to music for damn near 60 years now, have been to more shows and concerts and have probably more musical experience and knowledge than you know, so your statement only makes me laugh.

As much of musical hipster as you want to be, you should also understand that everyone has a musical "switch." As much as I tried and listened and saw and read, Nirvana never did a thing for me. And I gave myself every opportunity to make sure I wasn't missing something. Sorry, Nirvana just never clicked with me. Pearl Jam at least got me a little excited about the genre. I think Soundgarden was very good and Temple of the Dog's self-titled release was an exceptional record. Alice in Chains and Jerry Cantrell were more edgy and their music was simply more listenable to me. 

Archived