• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hennessey Corvette C7 hits 200MPH on TX highway

Darth Biscuit

The button is connected to a pigtail and he begins holding it down after he makes his final shift at about 150mph. I'm thinking it's one of 2 things:

1. An override to the onboard computer that is basically either a governor/rev limiter or

2. They installed some sort of recording device to capture the actual speed/engine performance to begin at a certain point.

I doubt a Hennessey Corvette has a governor on it. Most Camaros/Corvettes don't come with speed limiters. Even if it did they could easily tune it out.

I doubt a Hennessey Corvette has a governor on it. Most Camaros/Corvettes don't come with speed limiters. Even if it did they could easily tune it out.

Not a governor in the true sense of the word, but more like a rev limiter. A lot of high performance cars have these if you've ever seen Top Gear they come into play every time a high performance car is put through its paces. As a matter of fact, the 2014 Chevy Camaro Tanner Foust raced thru the streets of Detroit basically shut down every time he tried to corner it at speed. 

And yes, the Camaros do have a speed limiter on them. There are plenty of online forums filled with the how to's of trying to bypass and/or override them.

Not a governor in the true sense of the word, but more like a rev limiter. A lot of high performance cars have these if you've ever seen Top Gear they come into play every time a high performance car is put through its paces. As a matter of fact, the 2014 Chevy Camaro Tanner Foust raced thru the streets of Detroit basically shut down every time he tried to corner it at speed.

And yes, the Camaros do have a speed limiter on them. There are plenty of online forums filled with the how to's of trying to bypass and/or override them.

Interesting.

I had a '02 6-speed 5.7 liter Camaro Z28... No rev limiter... Would hit 160... I believe the autos did though at 125.. Which was weird

My grandfather had a m6 '10 SS & it had no limiter either.

Archived