• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schein Still A Schmuck; Throws Cam Shade/Backhand Compliment

FootballMaestro

last 5 comeback players of the year and what happened the year before:

2012 - Peyton Manning.  Had a neck injury that sidelined him all of 2011.

2011 - Matthew Stafford.  First complete season as a starter, after only starting 3 games in 2010 and 10 in 2009, missing most of 2010 due to injury

2010 - Mike Vick.  Doubt I need to explain.

2009 - Tom Brady.  Missed all of 2008.

2008 - Chad Pennington.  Had missed a large part of 2007 because he was so benched after starting out at 1-7.  He finished the season with under 1700 yards passing in 9 games, 10 TDs and 9 INTs. His career was in doubt before 2008 due to injury and mediocre play.

So the only one in the last few years that wasn't due to injury (Pennington got one earlier in his career for that reason...) was Pennington with the Dolphins, where he basically went from so bad he was benched, to leading his team to the playoffs.

Does anyone seriously think Cam's 2012 was anywhere near Pennington's 2007?  Come on.

I suppose I didn't understand what kind of player usually wins CBPOY. 

And @ Mav1234

The award is usually given to a player who's future or existence is threatened in the league (either from years of poor play; serious injury or illness, or deep trouble with the law). 

Cam fit none of those criteria. And when I asked you 'do you feel Cam had a poor season worth of CBPOY', you told me what Schein must have meant. And I explained to you, how bad you'd have to play (or off the field circumstances) to win the award.

Schein knows all this. That's why it was a total diss (along with the umbrage, that Cam 'came so far back' from anything to begin with).  

Don't understand how he could be CPOY when he has been awesome all three years in his career.

Well that's because you've been watching games.  That's your first problem.  Makes it hard for Schein's narrative of the last couple seasons to stick given that.

using a scale of one to ten as a performance metric,

going from a 2 in 2012 to a 9 in 2013 is CPOTY-worthy

going from a 7 in 2012 to an 8 in 2013 is not CPOTY-worthy unless you're (1) a moron (2) a moron (3) an agenda-pushing moron

this is the easiest thing in the universe to comprehend and if you don't understand it you're either incapable of stringing together a cogent, linear thought process or you're deliberately playing daft to passive-aggressively funnel rhetorical support to the unfounded, yet vocal insistences you may have made last year regarding cam's performance to in some small way ascribe validation to those opinions. i'd bet money it's the latter

Yup.

Archived