• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questions about a couple calls

Way Truth Life

I posted in another thread but obviously a 49ers vs Seattle game is way more ratings and has a cooler storyline.

The NFL is set up as an "entertainment" company, not a sport.  It's one company, not 32-teams.  It can LEGALLY set-up games.  Just like the WWE can.   Just one, or a couple refs doing things can change the outcome of a game.

Look at last year with the Ravens.  One of the MOST penalized teams in the league goes into the playoffs and plays teams like Denver, NE I believe, and 49ers, and all of a sudden they get like no holding penalties or anything?   They morphed into another team?  No, things started changing when a Ray Lewis retiring story came up and they always had a plan for the "Harbough Bowl"?  Then the Super Bowl was a blow out, but here comes a power outage, because if the Super Bowl drops beneath certain ratings they have to give money back to advertisers.  So here comes the 49ers after killing Baltimore's momentum to make it more of an even game.  There hasn't been a blow out in the super bowl since Tampa vs Raiders, over 10 years.  I find that pretty odd, statistically there should have been at least one.   

I'm really sour on the NFL/pro sports right now, if you dig deep and read up on some things, it's really disheartening.

No man, you hit the nail on the head.  When I seen an article on MSN last night saying that the right two teams were in the NFC championship game, I felt it was a slap in our face.  These idiots at the NFL offices don't get it.  We can be a huge draw as well as evidenced by the 2003 SuperBowl.

i'm really eager to hear from cam about that last int, dude jumped off-sides and i wonder if cam though he had a free play........the same guy jumped offsides 2 prior times on that drive

I don't want to sound like Saint's fans blaming our loss on the refs. Like the OP stated, ultimately we had control of the outcome, but I'm agreeing with Rayzor about the difficulty of playing both the 9ers and the atrocious refs. 1 or two bad calls a game I can deal with. 3, I'll bitch a tad but move on. There were too many SF favored calls (or non calls) to even count. Horse poo.

I don't want to sound like Saint's fans blaming our loss on the refs. Like the OP stated, ultimately we had control of the outcome, but I'm agreeing with Rayzor about the difficulty of playing both the 9ers and the atrocious refs. 1 or two bad calls a game I can deal with. 3, I'll bitch a tad but move on. There were too many SF favored calls (or non calls) to even count. Horse poo.

well your spot on they sucked and they ruined the game for panthers fans everywhere, if we get hosed on a couple plays i'm find with that but this was so blatant,it was painful watching our guys try fight back from............the 3 offside calls really pissed me off it was like they didn't care the 49ers were breaking rules

Archived