• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greatest Video Game Franchises

Dex

GOAT Franchises  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Mario/ Zelda/ Pokemon
    • Mortal Kombat/ Street Fighter
    • Elder Scrolls/ Fallout
    • Metal Gear Solid/ Tom Clancy
    • Resident Evil/ Silent Hill
    • Battlefield/ COD/ Halo
    • Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts
    • Uncharted/ Max Payne
    • Counter Strike/ Half Life
    • Grand Theft Auto/ Red Dead Redemption
    • Assassin's Creed/ Hitman
    • Portal/ Bioshock
    • God of War/ Dark Souls
    • World of Warcraft/ League of Legends
    • Batman Arkham/ Gears of War
    • Mass Effect/ Star Wars
    • FIFA/ Madden/ 2K etc.
    • Misc. Racing games.
    • Other omg how did you miss ....

because console gamers are willfully ignorant

and yes, you've made it clear that you only appreciate posts that agree with you, and anything negative just makes you stick your fingers in your ears and scream NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

ignorance is bliss, maybe you should try it more often and then it would fix that rage bonner you have for console games.

console games give me limp dick, that's why i walked away and never looked back

then why are you here if you never looked back? Seriously something about this tells me you may have been in a prior abusive relationship with a console, what was it that broke your gaming heart? Your old 360 RRoD on you one too many times or your parents took your game boy and Pokemon game away after having some real bad grades in high school?

I think you have a large amount of bitterness built up and that could explain a lot of your issues!

yes, why would someone that's played video games for 30 years come into a thread about video games?  that doesn't make sense at all.

no i pretty much got tired of forced matchmaking, host advantage, p2p online, broken games, being caged by a singular online service.  i never even made it to RROD because consoles were obviously going down the path of online babysitting with xbox live.  the only fun i ever had playing a game online on console was PSO and ghost recon on the xbox.  why anyone continues to pay to be treated like a 12 year old by microsoft is beyond me.

instead i chose mouse and keyboard which is far superior to any controller, (5000 dpi bitch) higher resolutions (1600x1200), free mods, upgradeable hardware, cheaper games, more storage, community fixes for older games, abandonware, unlimited backwards compatibility, dedicated servers, better performance, higher functionality, a more mature gaming community, unlimited customization, improved graphics, and being on the cutting edge of gaming

i just got tired of being led like a horse to a trough and being told to thank them for drinking the dirty week old water

even your favorite franchises wouldn't exist without the pc.   its a shame halo never released as a pc exclusive with online play like it was originally intended by bungie.  it would have been so much better.  and cod2 is still the best cod.  there are still populated servers on the pc.   counterstrike is still better though.

i have no bitterness.   i just don't feel like explaining these things to you again and again and again and again and again and again because i have better things to do.

so go strip down halo until its nothing more than a terrible version of counterstrike and win some more trophies!

So even though the Metal Gear Solid franchise is one of the best franchises of all time and only available on console(aside from the first and Revengence), you wouldn't play it purely out of hate of consoles? You're amazingly biased, it truly is remarkable how someone can boycott a system just because they think another is better. I bought a PS3 back in the day purely for MGS4 and the Uncharted series. I never was a big Sony guy but I did it for those games. I love my PC because I can play RPGs, DayZ, CS:S and Age of Empires 2. Every system has it's pros and cons. For instance although I've been a PC gamer for years I still am not a fan of M&K. It's uncomfortable, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the PC gaming experience. You are either overly sensitive or a PC fanboy crybaby. I vote both with a strong emphasis on the latter. We recognize the PC is superior bro but it doesn't mean we aren't allowed to like other things. 

i played MG on nes.  no, i wouldn't play any of them now.  if i were going to buy a console based on exclusives, it would be a nintendo, because they actually put out quality games.

So you don't think the MGS series is quality? Please elaborate, this will be entertaining.

Archived