• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's gone snow.

Darth Biscuit

Over 6 foot in less then 24 hrs in Orchard Park, Ralph C Wilson Stadium. God I wish the game was played in this.

Not as bad as some in the last 5-10 yrs but go out there and look at the pictures. Blizzard of 77 people were walking on top of snow that was over tractor trailers.

Lake Effect Snow Time Lapse 2:

Over 6 foot in less then 24 hrs in Orchard Park, Ralph C Wilson Stadium. God I wish the game was played in this.

Not as bad as some in the last 5-10 yrs but go out there and look at the pictures. Blizzard of 77 people were walking on top of snow that was over tractor trailers.

Lake Effect Snow Time Lapse 2:

Bills Kicker, native Monatanan, let's his neighbors out. They are 87 and 88, one a former POW

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-dan-carpenter-bails-out-snowbound-neighbors-111814

I guess I live under a rock.

Are you going to be ok there? Or is this something the locals call a "dusting"?

220,000 tons of snow on RCW Stadium.  It takes 1/2 a day to remove 1 foot of snow from the stadium.  The snow could fill our field house 8 times.  

If you want free tickets go up there, shovel snow for $10/hr and you'll get tickets.

Bills cancelled practice today, players stranded, vehicles buried.  Anthony Dixon walked to the grocery store and pulled 4 sleds of food back to his house to be prepared for this; having been born and raised in the SE he had no idea it was like this.  His interview on NFLN was great!

I guess I live under a rock.

Are you going to be ok there? Or is this something the locals call a "dusting"?

It's hard to understand if you do not know weather or live in the snow belt.  Imagine being downtown, at the stadium and getting 4", maybe a literal dusting.  Not far away, maybe South Park Mall there is 5-6'.  Then go to UNCC and it's clear skies and sunny, 15 degrees warmer.  This weather pattern stays for 1 full day.  Over the course of the day the snow falls at South Park all day, Panthers Stadium gets off and on flurries and the college is just any other winter day, sort of like it is here (at least in Davidson Co.).

This is being called the worst snow storm in Bills history, which is sort of accurate.  The stadium wasn't being used during the Blizzard of 77.  Some of you young'ns may not know about it but it was like the Atlanta snow storm last year times 100 inches of snow, 40 foot snow drifts and 80 mph winds.  It came on that fast, stranding people on the side of the road, in their offices and wherever they stood.  23 people died as a direct result.  The City of Neighbors did everything they could to take in stranded residents and provide for them as the military airlifted special snow removal equipment.  

In 2003, WNY received 11' in one blizzard, in 2010 there was a 5' blizzard that covered a larger area.  This happens about every year in WNY - most people are only hearing about this one like they are because it is a little earlier then normal and the NFL is making a big what-do about it.

Feel free to check our Bills board - here - about it, with pictures and info about our Bills family friends, neighbors and family still there.

Dude, I can't even imagine these people up in NY state... holy crap... 70" of snow in like 3 days.  

snowdog___Content.jpg

It was more like 60 inches in 24 hours and 10 inches since.  It began Monday at halftime - those that went to the Panthers @ Bills in 2013 likely remember Pinto Kenny's tailgate area - that area had 5" at halftime MNF.  It now sits with over 5' and drifts over 9', entirely covering some houses.

@salmaiorana
Doing the math, which I'm not great at, I would estimate the cost of snow removal at the Ralph surely will approach half a million dollars

Archived