• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical: if Clowney falls to Atlanta

Ruff

Clowney could really go to Atlanta right now.

OT is a huge need whether Clowney ends up or not in ATL. At pick 28, I just dont think theres any OT worth taking there. Hopefully Kouandjio or Martin is there. I like Tiny Rich and the kid did have a good game vs. Clowney but hasnt made my mind if I really want him at 28.

I just hope we dont reach for Morgan Moses just bc of Clowney. I rather take my chance with Seantrel Henderson or James Hurst in the 2nd/3rd.

Clowney could really go to Atlanta right now.

OT is a huge need whether Clowney ends up or not in ATL. At pick 28, I just dont think theres any OT worth taking there. Hopefully Kouandjio or Martin is there. I like Tiny Rich and the kid did have a good game vs. Clowney but hasnt made my mind if I really want him at 28.

I just hope we dont reach for Morgan Moses just bc of Clowney. I rather take my chance with Seantrel Henderson or James Hurst in the 2nd/3rd.

I think that either Cyrus, Martin, or Lewan will be there at 28, because of the depth of this draft.

The question becomes more of, do we take someone like Matthews, Benjamin, or Adams or one of the OTs?

It's a question of reaction versus proaction. The idea of Clowney going to Atlanta and us trying to defend him scares the poo out of me.

In fact, worst case scenario, gross retires, Hardy goes to Tampa, Clowney goes to Atlanta. Where does that put us for the next five years?

I have been on the ASJ bandwagon hardcore and I don't know what it would take, realistically, to get me off, but Lewan would certainly suffice (!), obviously, as unlikely as it may be.  He handled Clowney well also in the helmet game. 

We wished upon a Star last year but have to wish twice as long (literally) and hard this year into the unknown.  In GMan I trust.

If Hardy could somehow net us a Raiders first round pick we would be in business.

I seriously doubt that's going to happen. The raiders wouldn't have to. They know our situation. So, let's say we tag Hardy. Then tell te raiders that we'd trade them. They have the leverage. They know that, with Hardy tagged, we've put ourselves in a dire cap situation. They could just sit and wait until we cave.

I doubt we'd get a third for him from them.

For all we know KB could end up like LaFell or Dwayne Jarrett. I don't like using a first round pick on Benjamin hands are too inconsistent.

So could any other WR. When you pick in the back end of the first all the sure fire guys are gone. There is no star or luke to pick. This is the spot where you can afford to gamble on upside. I think we'd be lucky if benjamin was still on the board at 28. He's bigger and faster than jarrett,and might be faster than lafell as well. I think his 40 will suprise alot of people.

The book on Kelvin Benjamin

Position: Receiver

Height: 6-5

Weight: 234

School: Florida State

Year: Redshirt sophomore

Bio: Caught 54 passes for 1,011 yards and a team-high 15 touchdowns this season, when he was named third-team All-ACC. Ranked fourth on the team with 30 receptions for 495 yards and four touchdowns in 2012. Redshirted in 2011. Only played three years of football in high school. Was the No. 60 overall player as a high school senior, according to Rivals.com.

Scout's take: Has great feet and good body control … fluid runner for his size … wouldn't be surprised if he runs in the 4.4-4.5s … is raw, only played three years of high school football … seems to be figuring out how good he is, really started to gain confidence as the year went on … wins contested balls … shows the ability to track and high-point the football … had a terrific quarterback, rarely had to adjust to poor throws … drops were an issue, had some concentration lapses … flashes potential as a dominating blocker ... well-spoken in interviews.

- Jared Counterman, optimumscouting.com

Archived