• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Trade Deadline Thread

Proudiddy

Are they new rumors?  I haven't ever seen it come from a credible source. 

I'm still iffy on Smith.  I would've bit maybe like 2 years ago with the Hawks, but he just doesn't seem to be a very good team player and his futility from three this season is atrocious.  They'd have to give us another pick to take on that contract, IMO.  According to multiple reporters, his contract is viewed as the worst in the NBA right now, although I'd argue that would be Stoudemire's.

I've just seen a few article and tweets posted today, probably nothing will come of it..

No to Smith. Has a terrible contract, not a team guy as I see it, and we have to give up a 1st and a young guy to get him. I don't think he would work out paired with Big Al either. 

I agree with this.

I don't think that Josh Smith is the max contract guy we need, I think he would disrupt the chemisty on the court with the current team, and I agree that he would throw Big Al's game off.

SG is where they need that dynamic player.  Maxing out for Josh Smith and his terrible contract I think would do more harm than good.

I asked Woj weren't we interested not too long ago, but no response.  If we were, I don't see how we don't make that move before 3 pm.

Maybe it might be one that could get pulled off, if the main deal we want falls through.  

Jimmer is better than anyone we would get in the mid-second round. 

Agreed.  Or, I'm wondering if we still have the Turner offer with our 2nd rounder dangling out there and there waiting to see if Philly budges. 

But, TBH, I would rather just get Jimmer.  We need perimeter shooting and floor spacing, plus we keep BG's contract to either use in another deal OR hang onto for space this summer.

Agreed.  Or, I'm wondering if we still have the Turner offer with our 2nd rounder dangling out there and there waiting to see if Philly budges. 

But, TBH, I would rather just get Jimmer.  We need perimeter shooting and floor spacing.

I know, I think I agree.  

Plus Jimmer will still be on his rookie contract.

Wow, so, I misread a tweet earlier saying Philly has more moves coming because of their salary floor.  I read it as they were 11 mil under the salary cap.  WRONG.  They are 11 mil under the salary floor, so I'm assuming they have to make moves to get them back above that by the end of the day.  Interesting...

Archived