• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone here familiar with Wingate University?

rko396

Figured I'd ask people here since I'm many states away. I'm looking at the Grad program for my Master's degree and don't know too much about the school other then what's on their website. Anyone here know anything good or bad regarding the school itself or curriculum? Good school/bad school? Ever work with any Grad students from there? Any stories? Anything at all?

Looking at a lot of schools all over the country recently and slowly narrowing down the list. Some schools I can't get in, some I can but dont like the location, etc. so any bit of info can help. Thanks guys.

Great school. Everyone who disagrees can suck it ;)

It is my alma mater. Had a great time there. It is a small private school but I felt a really good institution.

I liked the local community. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Great school. Everyone who disagrees can suck it ;)

It is my alma mater. Had a great time there. It is a small private school but I felt a really good institution.

I liked the local community. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

I actually really like the smaller school aspect. As long as its near a city (for internships/assistantships/etc). Glad to hear u enjoyed it. How was the atmosphere?

I don't know how any self respecting conservative could talk poo about Jesse Helms' alma mater

Yikes....Jesse Helms was a completely senile and crazy mofo.  That dude was trouble.

Only thing I liked him for was that he gave me my nomination to attend the United States Military Academy at West Point.

There is nothing wrong with Wingate as a school.....it is just a pretty expensive school that does not have the pedigree and reputation that other schools of similar costs gives you.

Unless it has a rather large endowment, going to a small liberal arts college for grad school may not be the best path.  Unless you are doing it in humanities and that's fine.  They have many leather bound books and creaky old libraries to fall asleep in during research.

OK, not really.

/hard science bias

Archived