• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Martin Signed!

Martin seals deal, all picks are in

The Panthers have agreed to terms with second-round pick Sherrod Martin, assuring that all of their choices will be signed before training camp opens. Agent Hadley Engelhard said it's a four-year deal, but offered no other details. Martin, a cornerback from Troy, is expected to compete to play in the Panthers' nickel defensive package and to back up starters Chris Gamble and Richard Marshall.

The Panthers have agreed to terms with second-round pick Sherrod Martin, assuring that all of their choices will be signed before training camp opens. Agent Hadley Engelhard said it's a four-year deal, but offered no other details. Martin, a cornerback from Troy, is expected to compete to play in the Panthers' nickel defensive package and to back up starters Chris Gamble and Richard Marshall.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/07/martin-seals-deal-all-picks-are-in.html

just goes to show how we have one of the better GM's / FO's in the league

Considering a guy like Heyward-Bey is holding out for Da Raiduhs, even though he was picked (at least) 15 spots higher than he should have been, I'd have to agree. Goes to show you how our FO is pretty good with character guys too. I mean, we got Pep to sign his tender and he will be at camp on time, and Beason has said in a lot of his conversations how he (not in so many words) regrets holding out his rookie year.

Considering a guy like Heyward-Bey is holding out for Da Raiduhs, even though he was picked (at least) 15 spots higher than he should have been, I'd have to agree. Goes to show you how our FO is pretty good with character guys too. I mean, we got Pep to sign his tender and he will be at camp on time, and Beason has said in a lot of his conversations how he (not in so many words) regrets holding out his rookie year.

you mean..crabtree..DHB is already signed

you mean..crabtree..DHB is already signed

I must have miss-heard on the radio the other day on the way in. I swear I heard them say DHB was a holdout on Bay Area Sports 860 AM. I knew about Crabtree, but I could have sworn they were talking DHB at the time. Did he just sign in the last couple of days?

I must have miss-heard on the radio the other day on the way in. I swear I heard them say DHB was a holdout on Bay Area Sports 860 AM. I knew about Crabtree, but I could have sworn they were talking DHB at the time. Did he just sign in the last couple of days?

well the holdout was one day..lol but its the raiders.but its crabtree thats messing everyone up in the 9-13 spots..

Archived