• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lowe's to end sponsorship of Charlotte Motor Speedway

Nicbsbll2

That'll tick off the Concord locals again won't it?

I heard when I moved here that people in Concord were a lil ticked that their city wasn't getting the credit for the track, Charlotte was.

I'd like it to be Charlotte Motor Speedway again as well... but, how will my collectable car's price from the last race at "Charlotte Motor Speedway" be affected? :P lol

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to go back to being CMS, but there's too much money in the sponsorship game

There will be another. Unless it's Bank of America, I don't see a local tie, which will make me sad...

you are seeing a bunch of big names start debating whether or not to continue the sponsorship thing.....Everywhere people are trying to cut costs, and the shrinking number of people coming in attendance every year isn't making NASCAR as desirable as in years past.

Also, there is talk of blacking out the race in those areas if attendance keeps dropping, could you imagine the effect that would have with sponsorships

Archived