• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut TE Kevin Brock...

Zod

The team clearly doesn't bring in TE talent like other teams.. that's a pretty solid statement. So what's your point? I didn't say you did bring that up. Obviously that is too reasonable of a statement for that to be the case.. ;)

You're not able to keep up, I guess. You're trying to say I ran off with a diatribe about the TE position, when he's the one that brought that up.

none of that is the issue.. You took "I would have liked to see Brock get a look in TC" to mean "I can't believe they let a guy go that was going to be our next pro bowler"...

I never said that. I said it was realistic to cut a 5th string TE and that it doesn't mean anything about this football team.

Meanwhile, if you actually have anything to say about it, feel free. Probably better than wiping up someone else's mess.

The facts are the facts. I wasn't selling anyone so I don't know what there is to buy. As for Brock he didn't get a look at all. I wonder what they didn't like to cast him off so soon. Davie is much slower and not a good receiver. I would have thought he would be the first to go. As for Rosario, after San Diego he disappeared quicker than a 20 dollar bill at a pickpocket convention. He is all potential and little else.

hard to sell potential as a negative when we're comparing him to someone you've never seen take a snap of football and didn't make the first day of camp.

Forgive me if I am not very impressed with the Panther's history od correctly spotting talent or potential concerning a tight end. When was the last time we actually drafted a TE and developed him into a good player. Rasby, Gaines, Crawford, Broughton, Mangum, Kitchen, Seidman and the list goes on.

Getting cut from the panthers as a TE could mean you really suck or just prove again we suck at knowing the good ones from the bad.

fair enough then, wake me up when Brock has his first Pro Bowl. I can't believe we parted with a guy who had solid measurables on paper and none of us have seen him play! It's such a travesty.

As long as you wake me when any of our current or future tight ends ever make a pro-bowl. I have been waiting since Walls made it a decade ago. Any chance the current crop even gets close??

Exactly!

Given that our WRs are Pro Bowlers, our RBs should be? Sure, I'd take that over a Pro Bowl TE on a bad team. Face it - Rosario had one fantastic game. There's no reason for a TE to have 10 rec/TD games when Smith is having 150 yard, 2 TD games. There's no real room for that. Now if and when Muhammad finally fades, let's work at getting better.

So in the meantime let's stop crying over a guy you've never seen.

Seriously you make excuses for the TEs with stupid logic that since Smith is a pro-bowler and williams almost was then that makes it all better?

Look at Atlanta. Because they have a pro-bowler in White and a probowler in Turner, did they make excuses for piss poor TE play, or did they go out and get a perennial probowler in Gonzales to get even better?

Pro-bowl tight ends don't have to get 10 rec/td games to be a probowler. That would be 16 TDs and 160 receptions. Get real. And who said that we even have to have a pro-bowler. You brought up the probowler crap, not me. I would be glad with a guy who had 4 catches a game and one TD every other game. Any of our current TEs get even close?

King's best season thanks to David "I can't throw the ball deep" Carr was 46 catches for 406 yards and 2 TDs. If you count all three years together he has a total of 68 catches, 602 yards and 4 TDs. Still wouldn't get him in the probowl if they were all in one year.

No one is crying about anything. Just don't keep making excuses for crappy play by a bunch of average to poor tight-ends. We don't use the tight-end because ours suck. But we do know good ones. They are the ones that are going to burn us routinely. Look at all the other teams in our division. Atlanta has Gonzales, New Orleans has Shockey and Tampa has Winslow. Three pro-bowlers while we have King and Rosario.

Give me a break

So don't say you can't have all three because Atlanta already does and we will see what that does for a team when we face them twice this year.

So what was originally a statement saying "As for Brock he didn't get a look at all. I wonder what they didn't like to cast him off so soon. Davie is much slower and not a good receiver. I would have thought he would be the first to go. "

You went with "fair enough then, wake me up when Brock has his first Pro Bowl."

There was the point you ran out in left field... So yes, you did run off on a diatribe... =)

After so many trolls hit the boards, it's not so hard to clean up the bullpoo spread in this thread... All you have to do is go back and do a little reading to see you totally ran with a topic that wasn't even being discussed..

There's your muscle, I wish you would work on your own... Done with this.. Clearly you have been proven you're way off base...

oh no, what a horrible thing for me to use. Sarcasm! Brock got a look. He got the door. 55's response was to go off on how the team doesn't do what he wants because we cut a 5th string TE. Which is a much bigger leap.

I'm absolutely fine with that. He wanted to talk Shockey? I'll talk Shockey. He wants to compare the guy to Gates, I'll talk Gates. Unless there are some patty-cake rules I need to know about, man up.

oh no, what a horrible thing for me to use. Sarcasm! Brock got a look. He got the door. 55's response was to go off on how the team doesn't do what he wants because we cut a 5th string TE. Which is a much bigger leap.

I'm absolutely fine with that. He wanted to talk Shockey? I'll talk Shockey. He wants to compare the guy to Gates, I'll talk Gates. Unless there are some patty-cake rules I need to know about, man up.

If you want to back track more, feel free.. My last post clearly points out what was the original topic and how you ran into left field putting words in peoples mouths.

IF you show me where he compared the guy to Gates, I won't think you're a moron.

If you show me how the coaching staff has shown importance to the TE position and has either developed an above average quality TE or FA, I won't think you're just being a troll.

Until then, you're the only one believing there is a debate going on here...

Oh, so either agree with you, or I'm going to get called a name. Fantastic.

I never stated an opinion on what the team believes of the position, no more than I said I was excusing the play of the TEs. But, those two things keep getting put out there. Maybe it's okay if you two do it. Right? Must be fun for you, being left cleaning up someone else's mess.

I'd like more talent. I believe we have bigger holes. Brock wasn't going to fill that anyway. I don't see how these are hard concepts. If you don't like it, don't cry to me about it.

apparently this is too hard for you to understand.. the only point made was "I wish Brock got a longer look and went to TC"...

And a solid point made, "The TE position has never been a main focus with Fox and Co.."

Do you disagree with those 2 statements? They were the only ones made...

What else are you getting at? lmfao... this just never ends, they keep coming out of the wood work..

done posting here, thanks for playing.. If you have any further questions, please call 911 or re-read the thread..

I disagree that Brock needed more time. We needed a roster spot and he couldn't beat out Davie. That's not hard to figure out.

Do I disagree that you said that? No. But arguments aren't all about you setting the parameters.

Archived