• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB Nation Bloggers Draft

There is a lot of analyst that feel that way as well.  With the draft picks (WR's) from USC that haven't worked out in the favor of Carolina, I would hope you would assume this as well.  Anyway, you go ahead and let your bias cloud your thought process on this.  

LOL you keep thinking any legitimate analyst thinks the recent Draft picks from USC means Lee isn't a top 20 player in this class, and I'll keep laughing. Again, your ignorance in comparing Lee to Dwayne Jarrett and Keary Colbert is highly....and I do mean highly amusing. By the way, Robert Woods had a more than respectable year despite limited opportunities, but that doesn't work with your point so you ignorantly forgot to mention him....

See? Ignorance....

LOL you keep thinking any legitimate analyst thinks the recent Draft picks from USC means Lee isn't a top 20 player in this class, and I'll keep laughing. Again, your ignorance in comparing Lee to Dwayne Jarrett and Keary Colbert is highly....and I do mean highly amusing. By the way, Robert Woods had a more than respectable year despite limited opportunities, but that doesn't work with your point so you ignorantly forgot to mention him....

See? Ignorance....

I didn't know the Panthers drafted Robert Woods.  That's new to me, which is my point.  The lack of success in drafting receivers from that school is hard to be ignored.  Lee or not.  Again, you're letting your bias cloud your judgement, it's okay sir.  We know you are LA proud and everything.  

I didn't know the Panthers drafted Robert Woods.  That's new to me, which is my point.  The lack of success in drafting receivers from that school is hard to be ignored.  Lee or not.  Again, you're letting your bias cloud your judgement, it's okay sir.  We know you are LA proud and everything.  

Oh I'm sorry, it's only o.k. for you to draw baseless comparisons between players that went to the same school? Carry on then....

Also, this argument....

We drafted two guys from the same school and they didn't pan out. Because of that no other player is going to pan out, BUT only for the Panthers. Do you not understand how incredibly ignorant that is? 

My judgement isn't clouded, I'm just a little more rational and can see through stupid BS like he wore a USC uniform he'll bust for Carolina. Sorry that you cant, seems like a you problem quite honestly....

Lynn Swann was a USC WR that went #21 overall

Keyshawn Johnson was a 1st R USC WR that became a three-time Pro Bowler and was the #1 WR for the Bucs when they won their Super Bowl with a 1,000 yard season. He finished top 35 in NFL history with over 10,000 receiving yards

They didn't play for the Panthers (outside of Key's one year when he was on his last legs), they don't count.

If it's not fair why even mention it?

Because life isn't fair.  USC has had highly touted WR prospect after highly touted WR prospect that has become bust after bust after bust.  One can be a fluke, a couple can be a coincidence, but a solid decade plus of busts at a particular position?  At some point, you have to wonder if there isn't something to it.  Keyshawn Johnson was probably the last USC WR who lived up to his billing and some would argue that he didn't even do it since he went #1 overall with a number of better WRs selected afterward.  Still, Keyshawn had a very good career and I don't think anyone would even attempt to argue that he was a bust.

Because life isn't fair.  USC has had highly touted WR prospect after highly touted WR prospect that has become bust after bust after bust.  One can be a fluke, a couple can be a coincidence, but a solid decade plus of busts at a particular position?  At some point, you have to wonder if there isn't something to it.

A solid decade plus? DJ and Colbert. Unless you want to throw in Steve Smith who wasn't a bust, but had his career derailed by injuries. 

A solid decade plus? DJ and Colbert. Unless you want to throw in Steve Smith who wasn't a bust, but had his career derailed by injuries. 

The other Steve Smith had exactly one good season.  Injuries or not, for a 2nd round player, that's a bust. 

How about Mike Williams?  10th overall pick.  BUST.

The other Steve Smith had exactly one good season.  Injuries or not, for a 2nd round player, that's a bust. 

Mike Williams, that's the one guy I forgot about. So you've got 3. No, the other Steve Smith wasn't a bust. A dude can't prevent injuries. If he would have stayed healthy he would have continued to put up good #'s.

Mike Williams, that's the one guy I forgot about. So you've got 3. No, the other Steve Smith wasn't a bust. A dude can't prevent injuries. If he would have stayed healthy he would have continued to put up good #'s.

Gotcha.  I missed the signature.  Didn't realize I was trying to argue with a USC fan.  Carry on.

Glen Coffee...Mark Ingram... Trent Richardson... Eddie Lacy is gonna suck.

Auburn produced 1 QB from 1991-2010 and he was a bust... That's gotta be bad news for Cam right?

Jameis Winston clearly has no chance coming out of FSU

Mike Evans probably gonna suck too considering who A&M's put into the league recently.

Glen Coffee...Mark Ingram... Trent Richardson... Eddie Lacy is gonna suck.

Auburn produced 1 QB from 1991-2010 and he was a bust... That's gotta be bad news for Cam right?

Jameis Winston clearly has no chance coming out of FSU

Mike Evans probably gonna suck too considering who A&M's put into the league recently.

Alabama RBs definitely get a red flag.  They enjoy the luxury of running behind an NFL caliber OL against college defenses.

The other players/teams you mention simply haven't put enough players at those positions into the league in recent years to form a trend.

Some of y'all are acting like I'm saying any and all USC WRs are guaranteed to bust.  I'm not.  But, the fact that USC has put several WRs into the NFL in the last 10-20 years, several of whom have been high draft picks and it's been almost 20 years since one lived up to expectations should raise some red flags.  Maybe Lee is the guy that breaks the trend, but I'd rather not spend the #28 pick on him to find out.

Alabama RBs definitely get a red flag.  They enjoy the luxury of running behind an NFL caliber OL against college defenses.

The other players/teams you mention simply haven't put enough players at those positions into the league in recent years to form a trend.

Some of y'all are acting like I'm saying any and all USC WRs are guaranteed to bust.  I'm not.  But, the fact that USC has put several WRs into the NFL in the last 10-20 years, several of whom have been high draft picks and it's been almost 20 years since one lived up to expectations should raise some red flags.  Maybe Lee is the guy that breaks the trend, but I'd rather not spend the #28 pick on him to find out.

No you're just saying avoid drafting a player because other players completely unrelated to him were busts... perfectly reasonable. 

No you're just saying avoid drafting a player because other players completely unrelated to him were busts... perfectly reasonable.

It's amazing how some can't understand how irrational that argument is.

Archived