• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston Sucks

Brooklyn Bully

It's sad. I was (and I guess I still am) a Braves fan since I was six. I'm 38 now. But I just get SO tired of them choking year after year after year. It wears on your emotions. Last year they were out of first place ONE day. ONE. And they lose in the Playoffs. What was it, 14 division titles in a row? And ONE World Series win? Are you serious? Two years ago they lose that play in game after having a stellar season. I'm sick of it.

So for one year I'm giving the Yankees a trial run. I'm going to 18 games. The Braves seem to gave an amazing pitching rotation but I'm not falling for it. They'll choke again. The Yanks may not even make the Playoffs and I don't care if they buy championships. I just have to take a break from Atlanta.

It's weird. We always rag on guys who root for other teams in our cities. So while I may not be rooting for the Hornets or for the regional Braves for now, I'll always be a Panthers and Tar Heels fan for life.

So to end my long answer to your question, no, I didn't pick the Yankees because I moved here. I'm going with them for now because the Bravos piss me off beyond belief. OH ... and guess who struck out tonight with men on during a rally? YEAH, McCann. Classic. I still have to deal with that blind schmuck.[/

quote]

So you're switching teams because you're mad that your team is consistently slightly above average? Have you ever said that out loud to yourself to hear how terrible it sounds?

Sorry, I don't settle for mediocrity. The Braves can kiss my ass.

Right....so switch teams and choose one that wins...that makes perfect sense. You're no different than the bandwagon Heat fans that took over my row tonight. Hell...if your team sucks get rid of then and pick one that doesn't. Terrible excuse for a sports fan.

Right....so switch teams and choose one that wins...that makes perfect sense. You're no different than the bandwagon Heat fans that took over my row tonight. Hell...if your team sucks get rid of then and pick one that doesn't. Terrible excuse for a sports fan.

So you have NO PROBLEM with people in Charlotte who root for the Redskins, Cowboys, and Steelers? Even though they've been in Charlotte for years and years? Ok! I get it ... stick with the team you grew up with. 

I've been here three years now. Pretty sure that's enough time to maybe root for my home team.

So you have NO PROBLEM with people in Charlotte who root for the Redskins, Cowboys, and Steelers? Even though they've been in Charlotte for years and years? Ok! I get it ... stick with the team you grew up with.

I've been here three years now. Pretty sure that's enough time to maybe root for my home team.

It's not your "home team" when you've lived there for 3 years. I lived in Philly for 3.5 years....FUG the Eagles. You said you are cheering for the Ya Kees because you're tired of the Braves sucking. Don't backtrack now. You even said some dumb poo line you were going to try the Yankees out this year . Go ahead and give them a test drive on the bandwagon

So what's the math then, smart guy? How long does one have to live somewhere before they can start cheering for the team in the city they live in? Now who's sounding silly? 10 years? 20 years?

What if a kid was born in Charlotte this year, grows up with the Panthers, loves em, but then at 19 moves to Denver. What if he then spends the rest of his life watching the Broncos? Is he not allowed to root for them? Is there some stupid fan rule that says he must always root for the Panthers?

It's hard to quit a team. Believe me. I still check the Braves box scores and see how they're doing. I'm just ready for a change. 

But I'm interested in hearing how you think it wll works out, number wise. This should be interesting.

So what's the math then, smart guy? How long does one have to live somewhere before they can start cheering for the team in the city they live in? Now who's sounding silly? 10 years? 20 years?

What if a kid was born in Charlotte this year, grows up with the Panthers, loves em, but then at 19 moves to Denver. What if he then spends the rest of his life watching the Broncos? Is he not allowed to root for them? Is there some stupid fan rule that says he must always root for the Panthers?

It's hard to quit a team. Believe me. I still check the Braves box scores and see how they're doing. I'm just ready for a change.

But I'm interested in hearing how you think it wll works out, number wise. This should be interesting.

You said you were leaving the Braves because you won't settle for mediocrity. That means you're switching to a team that has a better chance of winning. That is the full definition of a bandwagon fan. You can call me "smart guy", "tough guy", or whatever makes you feel good. But yes, switching to a new team because you're tired of your team losing is the absolute biggest bullshit reason there is. And it's not like the Braves have been terrible. They make the playoffs every year. You're a bad sports fan...just deal with it.

So when you moved to Charlotte, if the Panthers had been world beaters, I could call you a bad fan for not cheering for the Eagles and cheering for the Panthers instead? Got it.

Hmm. Just to make you happy (start sarcasm) I think I'll root for the Lions, Cubs, and Sacremento Kings now! Can't bandwagon crap, right? It's not my fault the Yankees are usually good. Sorry, I'll root for the teams in the city I live in with exception to the Panthers. But I'm glad it makes you happy you think you're a better fan than I am! Boost that ego, man. Boost it!

So when you moved to Charlotte, if the Panthers had been world beaters, I could call you a bad fan for not cheering for the Eagles and cheering for the Panthers instead? Got it.

Hmm. Just to make you happy (start sarcasm) I think I'll root for the Lions, Cubs, and Sacremento Kings now! Can't bandwagon crap, right? It's not my fault the Yankees are usually good. Sorry, I'll root for the teams in the city I live in with exception to the Panthers. But I'm glad it makes you happy you think you're a better fan than I am! Boost that ego, man. Boost it!

I'm from Charlotte and live in Charlotte. When I moved to Philly the Panthers were 1-15. I never thought for a second to switch to the Eagles (who were a playoff team).

You moved to NY but you didn't pick the Mets? Ohhhh....ok.

Keep trying to not make yourself look like a bandwagoner buy acting tough towards me. Here's a little hint ...it's not working.

And I don't think I'm a better fan than you...I know I am. You said "sorry I won't settle for mediocrity" and then you started cheering for the Yankees. YOU said that - not me.

Do us all a favor and start cheering for the Giants. Or would you pick the jets? Guess we'll have to see which team is better next year.

LOL, I can't win with you guys.

Let's break it down ...

Born in New Orleans. Should I be a Saints fan? Moved to Raleigh in 1981. Should I root for the Saints or Redskins now? Then I moved to Atlanta. Falcons fan? Then to Mississippi (Saints territory). I guess that makes me a Saints fan! Nope, moved to Charlotte in 1993 and went to seven years worth of Panthers games. Now to New York where I'll live out my life. SO WHO'S MY TEAM, GENIUSES?

You guys hate Charlotteans or Carolinians who wear other teams jerseys to Panthers games right? Right. You say ... "SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!"

So what it is? Do I support my city's team? Or am I hated by the crowd for wearing another jersey?

You can't have it both ways, Huddle.

I'm sorry the Yankees don't suck. If they did, mister super fan and his truck of pride would have no argument with me.

So I'll cheer for the Nets, Yankees, Tar Heels, and Panthers.

DEAL WITH IT.

PS - Why not the Mets? As a Braves fan I'd been trained to hate them. Yeah, no thanks. 

Archived