• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston Sucks

Brooklyn Bully

It was beaten to death for sure, but is still alive and well up here. I think they hate NY more than we hate Boston. But it's just like Atlanta/Charlotte down there. And I think the only teams that have sellouts regularly are Boston and the Cubs. It WOULD help if those seats you spoke of didn't start at $700 a pop, lol. That said, most of the entire lower section is leather except the bleachers. Great stadium. My seats tonight had a freakin' TABLE. That was some wild stuff.

We got our asses handed to us tonight but I got to see Pujols hit a home run and see Mike Trout play. AND I won a beautiful signed Mariano Rivera photo.

It was SEED NIGHT, lol. I got a free pack of damn seeds. Later in the season I'll be at bat night but it's for 14 yo and younger. EFF THAT. I'm getting a bat. I mean ... I act 14, so ... ya know. 

It was beaten to death for sure, but is still alive and well up here. I think they hate NY more than we hate Boston. But it's just like Atlanta/Charlotte down there. And I think the only teams that have sellouts regularly are Boston and the Cubs. It WOULD help if those seats you spoke of didn't start at $700 a pop, lol. That said, most of the entire lower section is leather except the bleachers. Great stadium. My seats tonight had a freakin' TABLE. That was some wild stuff.

We got our asses handed to us tonight but I got to see Pujols hit a home run and see Mike Trout play. AND I won a beautiful signed Mariano Rivera photo.

It was SEED NIGHT, lol. I got a free pack of damn seeds. Later in the season I'll be at bat night but it's for 14 yo and younger. EFF THAT. I'm getting a bat. I mean ... I act 14, so ... ya know.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge baseball fan. I've been to almost every major league ballpark. Was at old Yankee stadium for the final season. Love how the right field bleachers chant the players names until they acknowledge the crowd. My best friend growing up played RF for the Red Sox and won a World Series with them. But ESPN has ruined this rivalry for me personally. And fuging Pineda needs to be a little smarter for the love of Christ.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge baseball fan. I've been to almost every major league ballpark. Was at old Yankee stadium for the final season. Love how the right field bleachers chant the players names until they acknowledge the crowd. My best friend growing up played RF for the Red Sox and won a World Series with them. But ESPN has ruined this rivalry for me personally. And fuging Pineda needs to be a little smarter for the love of Christ.

Haha, I know, right? On his damn neck. What a moron. 

I loved the chanting! Oddly, that's the first time I've ever heard it and this was my 5th Yankees game. Not sure why I never noticed it before. I get the whole ratings thing, but I wonder what it would be like had ESPN started in Cali and not in CT. Maybe Dodgers/SF in our faces all the time?

Haha, I know, right? On his damn neck. What a moron.

I loved the chanting! Oddly, that's the first time I've ever heard it and this was my 5th Yankees game. Not sure why I never noticed it before. I get the whole ratings thing, but I wonder what it would be like had ESPN started in Cali and not in CT. Maybe Dodgers/SF in our faces all the time?

It's hard to say because the whole Yanks/Sox feud wasn't really hyped by ESPN until the last decade with the Aaron "fuging" Boone home run and the 0-3 come-back series. For good reason though, both teams were good and the series were good. The regular season games were great for baseball. Both teams were good and had feisty players which fueled the TV hype. But true to ESPN form they over played it. The last 5 years or so, ESPN has become almost a regional hype machine for the New England teams. That includes NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL (for those that care about hockey).

So the Yankees are your team now because you moved to NY?

It's sad. I was (and I guess I still am) a Braves fan since I was six. I'm 38 now. But I just get SO tired of them choking year after year after year. It wears on your emotions. Last year they were out of first place ONE day. ONE. And they lose in the Playoffs. What was it, 14 division titles in a row? And ONE World Series win? Are you serious? Two years ago they lose that play in game after having a stellar season. I'm sick of it.

So for one year I'm giving the Yankees a trial run. I'm going to 18 games. The Braves seem to gave an amazing pitching rotation but I'm not falling for it. They'll choke again. The Yanks may not even make the Playoffs and I don't care if they buy championships. I just have to take a break from Atlanta.

It's weird. We always rag on guys who root for other teams in our cities. So while I may not be rooting for the Hornets or for the regional Braves for now, I'll always be a Panthers and Tar Heels fan for life.

So to end my long answer to your question, no, I didn't pick the Yankees because I moved here. I'm going with them for now because the Bravos piss me off beyond belief. OH ... and guess who struck out tonight with men on during a rally? YEAH, McCann. Classic. I still have to deal with that blind schmuck.

get me an auto from trot plzzzzz

Archived