• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman the Harriet Tubman of GMs?

SCP

America.

Land of the free. Home of the brave. Where you have the right to state your opinion without fear of prosecution.

Unless of course your opinion doesn't fit in with the PC masses and you make an off the cuff reference to a historical figure.

Then fug you and I'm gonna burn your ass at the stake.

Yeah sparky may want to read that whole first amendment again. It keeps the government from censoring you.

i dunno i've seen it quite a bit especially in threads like the michael sam one. and there have been plenty of those types of threads. kerry rhodes, steve smith's comments, ect.

it just seems to me if you replaced those slurs with racial slurs people would be getting banned left and right and most posters would be freaking the fug out. thats more of a reflection of our societys views on this topic. but than jase has to say just because i am "sensitive to this topic" as if bigotry has certain levels of hatred. 

just seems hypocritcal and i know all the mods are cool open minded people it's just something i've noticed.

I think you are very sensitive to the subject and it doesn't have anything to do with "levels" of "hatred".  Until I see you taking up for everyone who is being treated insensitively with such vigor, I will continue to feel this way. :)

Let us also remember the difference between being insensitive and being hateful.

I think you are very sensitive to the subject and it doesn't have anything to do with "levels" of "hatred". Until I see you taking up for everyone who is being treated insensitively with such vigor, I will continue to feel this way. :)

Let us also remember the difference between being insensitive and being hateful.

Depends on what "insensitivity" you are talking about. If it's something someone was born with than yes I'm equal across the board.

And I'm "very sensitive" to this because I have friends and family all across the board of different races and orientations. And I see and read the backhanded comments and slurs all the time.

Depends on what "insensitivity" you are talking about. If it's something someone was born with than yes I'm equal across the board.

And I'm "very sensitive" to this because I have friends and family all across the board of different races and orientations. And I see and read the backhanded comments and slurs all the time.

I didn't say your sensitivity wasn't justified.

For someone who lives in asheville,  you are really wound up tight.

I still don't see how comparing Gettleman to a historical American hero is insensitive.

That's your opinion and I don't know how living in aville has anything to do with being wound up tight

There is enough good beer and weed that most people are pretty laid back.

Sorry to offend the good people of asheville.

There is enough good beer and weed that most people are pretty laid back.

Sorry to offend the good people of asheville.

If you went to any of the bel chers and saw the protesters or the hate crimes that have happened in the past 5 years you would probably say something different but

Good joke

Archived