• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hints for getting the most out of TC?

bigjohn

I'm headed down to training camp one day next week, probably taking my little brother who is a huge fan as well.

I've never been to training camp and this is my shot so I'm looking for some hints from you guys who are old veterans. I'm not an autograph guy-- I want to see the football stuff....drills, scrimmages, etc. I used to coach high school football so I'm definitely interested in the nuts and bolts.

Gonna do a morning practice.... so, any hints?

Thanks!

I just got back today so i may be able to help. If you don't care about autographs then it'll be easy for you to fit right in. Don't even have to be there early just to watch practice.

They switch around on 3 different fields so it's hard to guess where the action that you may want to see will be held. You'll just have to move around. If you don't care about being right in front of the action then simply take a chair or blanket and relax on the hill and see it all. Binoculars are pretty good to have at times if you're on the hill.

Wear light clothing and a cap. Sun block is a must. No coolers but can have water bottles.

I was there for 3 days and I miss it already. It's a lot of fun. I recommend staying for several practices.

Do they have rosters printed up or anything down there, or can I print one off the Panthers website? I don't know some of the new guys numbers.

Any particular day that's better than another to go? Just have time to hit one morning practice.

Thanks all!

Do they have rosters printed up or anything down there, or can I print one off the Panthers website? I don't know some of the new guys numbers.

Any particular day that's better than another to go? Just have time to hit one morning practice.

Thanks all!

Yes, they have rosters available at the Team Spartanburg / Convention & Visitors Bureau tent right outside the gate to the viewing area.

Morning practices are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:10 a.m. They also have a 9:30 a.m. scheduled on Sunday, Aug. 16.

Archived