• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014/15 UEFA Champions League

this Agg score stuff seems pretty dumb

Why not just play futbol where every goal counts the same?  Can you imagine if the NBA had similar rules for their playoffs?  Seems pretty stupid.

If you are speaking about the away goals rule, it's just tradition at this point. Back when Champions League was first implemented, going on the road to another country to play in a hostile environment was a much bigger deal. Travel was much more difficult, so the governing body wanted to reward those clubs who had success on the road.

There has been some talk in recent years about getting rid of the away goals rule. I honestly don't care either way. It's kind of a novel rule that gives some character to each tie.

If you are speaking about the away goals rule, it's just tradition at this point. Back when Champions League was first implemented, going on the road to another country to play in a hostile environment was a much bigger deal. Travel was much more difficult, so the governing body wanted to reward those clubs who had success on the road.

There has been some talk in recent years about getting rid of the away goals rule. I honestly don't care either way. It's kind of a novel rule that gives some character to each tie.

Yeah the away goals rule is what I was referring to. I figured it's probably tradition and I'm a noob for wanting to change it after watching a couple of games haha.

But yeah I'd rather see a shoutout or something.

There is so much chance involved in soccer, one bounce or poor touch can change everything, so I hate for a team to fall behind two goals for the price of one.

Yeah the away goals rule is what I was referring to. I figured it's probably tradition and I'm a noob for wanting to change it after watching a couple of games haha.

There is so much chance involved in soccer, one bounce or poor touch can change everything, so I hate for a team to fall behind two goals for the price of one.

You're definitely not alone in thinking that rule should be changed. I think it will ultimately be done away with in less than 5 years. It's pretty outdated at this point.

It is not really two for the price of one, away goals are only used to break ties.

If Bayern scores the at home and concedes two then they are still winning.

The thing I like about the away goals is how a team can go from winning to losing with just one goal. In the second leg of the Real/Schalke match for example Real was in position to move on but just one goal would have sent them home. It adds suspense. That being said, if they ditched it I would really get over it.

Kuddo's to Bayern. Great side, too bad they had Robben and Ribery injured at the wrong time, should have been closer otherwise.

The only team that could stop Barcelona from winning the CL, will be Real.

I doubt we will ever see Robbery healthy together again. We need to get some young blood in the midfield and better on defense.

Not having Alaba probably hurt worse than no Robben to be honest but the back line has just been terrible the last two semi finals.

I never like getting rid of Shaqiri either.

Other teams in Europe have improved the last two years, we have not and that needs to change or Pep's tenure here will be seen as a failure.

Agreed, I apologize and i felt bad before that. Was caught up in the moment and intoxicated but still not a good excuse. My bad!

No sweat, I was emotional about the game myself. We have had enough college football disagreements for me to know that is not how you operate.

Archived