• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so IF we draft McBuckets at #9....

bLACKpANTHER

Everywhere i see him mocked to us- i don't like it, but i am coming to grips with it.

my question is = how does he fit into the team?

PG - Kemba - ???

SG - Hendo - Neal/Taylor

SF - MKG - McBuckets

PF - McBob - Zeller

C - Al - Biz - Haywood

Bleeehhh- that looks terrible in my opinion.. we absolutely need to fix our starting SG problem.

Well, we will still have 16+ million to spend.  We have #24.  We have #45.

We can find a decent starting or back up SG or PG.  Hendo isn't perfect, but he isn't complete garbage.  If he starts at #2 we will be fine

McD likely play behind MKG and be a 6th man to start his career.  That is fine.  These days if you are expecting a player to come in and start right away and be great you are probably fooling yourself.

So the fact he can be a backup next season is a good thing.

At #24 there will be some options at both guard spots.  Someone has to fall.  Lavine, Hairston, Clarkson, Payton, Young, Napier.  One of those guys will be there.

There is a part of me though that would rather see us go #9 Stauskas, #24 Early, #45 Deandre Kane

Nah, I believe the Kings will draft McDermott.  Of course my opinion concerning him has soften over the past couple of days.

Supposedly the Kings also like Stauskas.  I am cool either way personally even though I know others have strong opinions.  But if the Kings take McBuckets we can take Stauskus, if the take Stauskus we get McBuckets.

Right now, unless Randle drops to 9, those are the two main guys I am looking at there at #9

My question is why a lineup couldn't look something like this (if we don't sign a vet SG):

PG Walker

SG MKG (think Demar Derozan)

SF Dougie Fresh

PF McBob/Zeller

C Big Al

Not ideal, but that's the best way I see things working out. MKG could still guard the SF if Dougie couldn't handle it.

Supposedly the Kings also like Stauskas.  I am cool either way personally even though I know others have strong opinions.  But if the Kings take McBuckets we can take Stauskus, if the take Stauskus we get McBuckets.

Right now, unless Randle drops to 9, those are the two main guys I am looking at there at #9

I've seen a lot of mocks having Aaron Gordon landing with the Kings too.

I've seen a lot of mocks having Aaron Gordon landing with the Kings too.

It will be interesting who we take if both are available. I would probably go with McDermott personally because I think he is the best shooter to come out of college in a while and may be able to play the 4 some. But Stauskas makes sense too. I would be good either way.

My question is why a lineup couldn't look something like this (if we don't sign a vet SG):

PG Walker

SG MKG (think Demar Derozan)

SF Dougie Fresh

PF McBob/Zeller

C Big Al

Not ideal, but that's the best way I see things working out. MKG could still guard the SF if Dougie couldn't handle it.

not to be a jerk, but you want to swap out our crappy shooting SG for our inept shooting SF???

gawd, i just wish MKG would work on his jumper all offseason and make it respectable.. not even good, just respectable.. if he did that, our team would catapult forward just like it did with the Jefferson signing..

not to be a jerk, but you want to swap out our crappy shooting SG for our inept shooting SF???

gawd, i just wish MKG would work on his jumper all offseason and make it respectable.. not even good, just respectable.. if he did that, our team would catapult forward just like it did with the Jefferson signing..

McDermott is an efficient scoring monster. MKG-McDermott would be a hell of a lot better than Hendo-MKG.

White scoring machines in college do not translate in the NBA. Ammo, Jimmer, Reddick,...all scoring machines in college but nothing in the NBA. The elite white player was Love. Dougie will, at best, be a good spot up shooter off the bench. If we are looking shooter and fill our SG role I still prefer PJ. In a few years when they do a draft do over analysis PJ will be a top 5 pick if not higher. 

White scoring machines in college do not translate in the NBA. Ammo, Jimmer, Reddick,...all scoring machines in college but nothing in the NBA. The elite white player was Love. Dougie will, at best, be a good spot up shooter off the bench. If we are looking shooter and fill our SG role I still prefer PJ. In a few years when they do a draft do over analysis PJ will be a top 5 pick if not higher. 

Because race has to do fug all with anything.

Archived