• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group C

Goondal

Colombia 3-0-0 (+7) 9

Greece 1-1-1 (-2) 4

Ivory Coast 1-0-2 (-1) 3

Japan 0-1-2 (-4) 1

Well, I think it is safe to say that this is the weakest of the first four groups, what with Brazil in A and both B and D containing three teams that are threats to at least reach the quarters, however it should still be an interesting one.  Colombia took a major hit losing Falcao but still have enough talent that they should reach the Round of 16 on their home continent.  I could see any of the other three as the second team out and if any can get a result against Colombia they will obviously be at an advantage.

I will be rooting Japan but also think that they are the least likely of the four to advance.  My pick is the Ivory Coast.  This is their last chance with this "Golden Generation" and they got a break with the draw here after being in the Group of Death four years ago.  While I have both Colombia and the Ivory Coast reaching the Round of 16, I have both falling to teams from the much tougher Group D.

Archived