• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockets declined Chandler Parsons 4th-year option

Jakob

Averaging 16 a game as a third option and the first two being Harden and Dwight Howard is pretty good.

Of course I support having him bc I watch him..just not cuddling his wall poster like someone with MKG.

What was MKG's ppg?' how much real slashing was he doing?

Again, a Parsons spreading the floor does not mean MKG is not out there..."SLASHING!!" MKG can guard most any 2 guard in the east..

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6466/chandler-parsons

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard

Hmmm!!

Parson took more shots a game then Howard.

How is that if he's the thrid option?? 

Maybe because he's the 2nd option and putting up the same amount of points a game as Hendo.

Again don't want Parson. Hayward at the 2 is a more likely target and we can still keep MKG on the court helping our defense.

Player efficiency when MKG guarding them was below average, his per for opponents was also well below average. There's also this tidbit....here.

http://queencityhoops.com/blog/season-report-card-13-14-michael-kidd-gilchrist/

Offensive rating was higher with MKG then it was with either CDR or Tolliver. Whoah.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Big slice of pie for you sir.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6466/chandler-parsons

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard

Hmmm!!

Parson took more shots a game then Howard.

How is that if he's the thrid option??

Maybe because he's the 2nd option and putting up the same amount of points a game as Hendo.

Again don't want Parson. Hayward at the 2 is a more likely target and we can still keep MKG on the court helping our defense.

You do realize that Parsons and and Hayward shot the same amount of shots per game, the difference is that Parsons field goal percentage was way better than Hayward's.

Oh and playing Hayward at the two when he shot 31% from the three point line last year (worse than Henderson), that's awful.

Finally Parson's averages a full 2.6 points more per game than Henderson... that's definitely not the same.

Parsons won't be playing the 4. We're stacked already and I don't care how young Zeller and Vonleh are. They will get big minutes.

I don't even believe that Parsons will be a target for Cho and MJ. I rather go after Ariza than Parsons.

MJ wants a BIG name FA. The least he'd settle for will be Gordon Hayward.

I didn't say Parsons would be playing the 4. I obviously responded to another post about Parsons and MKG starting together with the only scenario where that would be possible. POSSIBLE NOT PROBABLE.

That's where we disagree. Hayward's game is 100% SF. There's nothing about him that says SG. But again, if he does go to Charlotte and the team lists him as a SF (which he is), MKG won't be starting.

Hayward won't be coming to Charlotte then, Period.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

You do realize that Parsons and and Hayward shot the same amount of shots per game, the difference is that Parsons field goal percentage was way better than Hayward's.

Oh and playing Hayward at the two when he shot 31% from the three point line last year (worse than Henderson), that's awful.

Finally Parson's averages a full 2.6 points more per game than Henderson... that's definitely not the same.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3993/gerald-henderson

Parson also attempted 1.3 more shots a game and was a 2nd option while Gerald was ACTUALLY a 3rd option on this team.

So 2.6 more points a game when you take almost 1.5 more shots isn't really that much of a difference.

Not to mention Gerald had to be a better defender while Parson could suck and let Howard erase his mistakes. It's a lot easier to play offense when you don't worry about sucking on the other end of the court.

I'd rather have a more versatile Hayward who can play 2-3 instead of Parson who is only a SF.

And just to put my opinion out there. 

I don't want Hayward or Parson. I think we will have to over pay to get either one of them.

I'd rather bring in a mid level player on a short contract like (Nick Young) or a older vet like Vince Carter to be a bridge to PJ eventually taking the starting role at SG. Or let PJ, and Gerald spilt time with Neil.

Hayward would be the ideal guy imo to swing from the 2-3 which MKG still starts at SF. PJ comes off the bench and Hayward on the floor to space it would be devastating.

Hayward, Parsons and Lance Stephenson are all young guys that should be good long term...minus the Lance locker room meltdown factor.

Hayward and Lance being 1a-1b(skill wise) and Parsons being 3©...however with Houston being so shortsighted about getting Melo..id be okay taking advantage of getting a quality 3 like Parsons.

it was mentioned in an earlier post (sorry i didnt recall who) that the lakers will panic buy into picking up parsons when it all goes pete tong in free agency... id probably suggest that the panic buy might be throwing a max contract at hayward. i suspect it will probably be either him parsons or stephenson (in that order (both parsons and stephenson in the $8-12m range)

If we got Parsons and McRoberts back, I bet one comes off the bench 6th man style. We always struggled last season offensively in general but even more so when the bench was on the court. Is Gary Neal still under contract?

If we got Parsons and McRoberts back, I bet one comes off the bench 6th man style. We always struggled last season offensively in general but even more so when the bench was on the court. Is Gary Neal still under contract?

gary neal is under contract for one more year at $3.25m

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3993/gerald-henderson

Parson also attempted 1.3 more shots a game and was a 2nd option while Gerald was ACTUALLY a 3rd option on this team.

So 2.6 more points a game when you take almost 1.5 more shots isn't really that much of a difference.

Not to mention Gerald had to be a better defender while Parson could suck and let Howard erase his mistakes. It's a lot easier to play offense when you don't worry about sucking on the other end of the court.

I'd rather have a more versatile Hayward who can play 2-3 instead of Parson who is only a SF.

You can't play the two when you shoot 31% from three. Why is that so hard to understand? That puts us in the same position we are in now.

And if Henderson only averaged one less shot per game as a third option then Parsons isn't really jacking up that many shots. Not to mention 2.6 points per game is still a significant difference because Henderson is a horrible shooter. He'd have to be shooting 50% to to even put a dent info that extra 2.6 points per game.

You're also ignoring the shooting percentages where Parsons is significantly better(than both Hayward and Henderson).

Archived