• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Underrated/Overrated

Mol3m4n

Had comparable production when you combine their numbers together to not quite get Thomas' numbers his first year as a starter.

Olsen is more valuable to us because we didn't have Wes welker d. Thomas or Eric decker.

We had an old Steve smith and some nobodies that had a TE out produce them.

Take off the rose colored glasses and just admit Thomas is rated exactly where he should be and that's not a slight at Olsen

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I don't mean to be rude but you clearly didn't understand a thing I said.

Thomas was able to produce because he had Peyton throwing the ball for 5,500 yards and 55 TD's and all 3 WR's drawing considerable coverage away from him. The production they got from the TE crew the previous year was very similar, its the system not Thomas. If Thomas reached those numbers while those around him struggled you'd have a point. The fact is everyone looked good. Even Moreno had a great year.

Olsen produced with the nobodies we sent out drawing interest as you yourself mentioned.

I don't mean to be rude but you clearly didn't understand a thing I said.

Thomas was able to produce because he had Peyton throwing the ball for 5,500 yards and 55 TD's and all 3 WR's drawing considerable coverage away from him. The production they got from the TE crew the previous year was very similar, its the system not Thomas. If Thomas reached those numbers while those around him struggled you'd have a point. The fact is everyone looked good. Even Moreno had a great year.

Olsen produced with the nobodies we sent out drawing interest as you yourself mentioned.

Lol the homerism is strong with you

Who knew people would be bias on a fan forum?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Understanding different offenses and how certain statistics may pertain to each system is not bias.

Thomas had a great year, I'm not arguing that, I'm saying he's overrated. I'm saying any other competent TE would have excelled in his position. The fact that Dressen and Tamme combined for similar stats the previous year when Peyton threw for fewer overall yards and TD's by a considerable amount jives with that idea.

Do you not think Peytons record setting year had a massive hand in this?

Brees doesn't throw all that much more than Manning or Brady. Manning played in a domed stadium most of his career. Brees has the same interception % as Manning but both are higher than Brady. It's your opinion, and you're welcome to it, I'm just saying lol.

Brees attempts/game as a Saint: 39.29 - (career is 36.75 attempts/game, but what's relevant is his time as a Saint)

Brady: 34.48

Manning: 35.21

Rodgers: 31.43

4/5 extra throws per game adds up, that's why Brees has 305 yards/game as a Saint, while Manning has 270/game for his career and Brady 250 something.  

My point isn't that Brees sucks or anything, just that his records are a product of throwing a poo-ton, not him ever being truly transcendentally great or something (like Manning's year in 04, Brady's 07 or Rodger's 11).  Brees has never had a year like that, and as you point out, his career int % is equal to Manning's and worse than Brady/Rodgers.  So, IMO he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with those guys, at least for his career.

I'm pretty sure if I did everything Peyton told me to I could have a 500 yard, 5 touchdown season.

Broncos, call me!

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I bet you'd get blown up the first play and go straight to IR

Brees attempts/game as a Saint: 39.29 - (career is 36.75 attempts/game, but what's relevant is his time as a Saint)

Brady: 34.48

Manning: 35.21

Rodgers: 31.43

4/5 extra throws per game adds up, that's why Brees has 305 yards/game as a Saint, while Manning has 270/game for his career and Brady 250 something.

My point isn't that Brees sucks or anything, just that his records are a product of throwing a poo-ton, not him ever being truly transcendentally great or something (like Manning's year in 04, Brady's 07 or Rodger's 11). Brees has never had a year like that, and as you point out, his career int % is equal to Manning's and worse than Brady/Rodgers. So, IMO he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with those guys, at least for his career.

Basically, all I see is a bunch of numbers that look very similar. He throws more but also produces more yards, so I'm not sure how that matters. Your only argument that makes sense is that he throws more picks than Brady and Rodgers, but so does Manning and every other QB in the NFL. So if he produces better numbers than Manning, (although, he throws more) throws the same amount of picks as Manning and has a higher completion percentage on a slightly higher yards per attempt, why does Manning get to be mentioned with Brady and Rodgers and Brees doesn't?

2011 wasn't transcendent for Brees? 71.8% completion percentage, 5500 yards, 46 TDs and 14 picks? It's arguably one of the greatest statistical seasons for a QB of all time. Rodgers threw less picks that year. That was the only thing he did better. Although, he threw less picks on fewer attempts.

Archived