• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayward agrees to sign

The promise was the ABILITY to acquire a star player. Not necessarily that the acquisition would happen this offseason.

We are in a position with the money to offer max deals. We reached that goal that we set out when we tore it all down three seasons ago.

No. Not true.

He said we would, not that we could, or should.

I won't blame him if it doesn't work out but he said we would.

No. Not true.

He said we would, not that we could, or should.

I won't blame him if it doesn't work out but he said we would.

Show the transcript of his actually comments please???

Then use common sense when reading it.

The promise was the ABILITY to acquire a star player. Not necessarily that the acquisition would happen this offseason.

We are in a position with the money to offer max deals. We reached that goal that we set out when we tore it all down three seasons ago.

Thank you.

We are not getting Hayward. Utah will match. But because we screwed them over by giving Hayward a max deal, they will return the favor by taking the longest amount of time possible to match the deal, leaving us in a holding pattern because we have Hayward's cap hold.

There's been no buzz about a Curry acquisition. I just brought his name up in this thread because some in here want instant gratification by overpaying for Gordon Hayward because they think we have no shot at any star players signing here in free agency. I then submitted that Steph Curry will be on the market in two years and we would be remiss if we capped ourselves out of those sweepstakes.

Hopefully that clears things up. I know these threads are difficult to follow when they regress into YouTube comments.

this guy should be mod in here. level headed and good concepts! good stuff

If we don't get Hayward can we still make the playoffs and be a better team then last year? ??

Ask yourself this question before whining.

Diet of signing LeBron it doesn't matter. Charlotte will be chopped liver one the playoffs start & easily disposed of by a top team.

Diet of signing LeBron it doesn't matter. Charlotte will be chopped liver one the playoffs start & easily disposed of by a top team.

We were 1 win from the 5th spot and might have been favoured against any of the other top 3 teams other them Miami of course.

We did win the season series against Indy and Toronto.

We were 1 win from the 5th spot and might have been favoured against any of the other top 3 teams other them Miami of course.

We did win the season series against Indy and Toronto.

Miami was the only contender in the East. Charlotte could've won the first 2 rounds in 8 games & they still would've been snacked around by Miami in the ECF.

Which is my point...

There's no need to go out & just spend money for the sake of spending money. Charlotte isn't gonna contend for a title until the young players develop. Mainly MKG & Vonleh. Charlotte needs one of them to become a star to have a chance.

Last season we probably could have held our own in the first round against every other team in the conference with the exception of the one we drew.

While we haven't had a great influx of talent (yet) this offseason, what we do have this year is depth.

If Cody continues to show the improvement he did at the end of last season and soften the blow of McBob's loss, this team could be much better than the one that was no match for Miami. If the talent doesn't come this offseason, sign some mid tier guys to be trade chips that bring the talent in should we be in contention.

Why??

Why is signing somebody big a must this off-season?

Because, at this point, not doing so kills all the positive buzz and momentum you had going. Yes, it "kills" it, especially when you combine it with PJ's issues in the background. Besides, you don't want to be trying to sign your "big name" next year when Jefferson opts out, because re-signing him might become contingent upon being able to attract someone else at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Because, at this point, not doing so kills all the positive buzz and momentum you had going. Yes, it "kills" it, especially when you combine it with PJ's issues in the background. Besides, you don't want to be trying to sign your "big name" next year when Jefferson opts out, because re-signing him might become contingent upon being able to attract someone else at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Your buzz maybe cut. May buzz is still strong. They will improve with more experience with Clifford system and each other.

Archived