• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayward agrees to sign

You know what though.  This is the only way we have a chance to get him.  I do think it is too much, but if we gave him a more reasonable contract it would have been matched in 2 seconds.

We are basically calling the Jazz's bluff.  The Jazz have a serious decision to make here. 

Still not sure I like it, but fug it, If this is the guy we wanted this is how it had to be done to give us a chance

Too much money IMO (I've been wrong before though)... I preferred Stephenson but a Stephenson/Hairston combo doesn't seem so good off the court.

Guessing they signed him to play SG?

I thought he was a SF

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Too much money IMO (I've been wrong before though)... I preferred Stephenson but a Stephenson/Hairston combo doesn't seem so good off the court.

Guessing they signed him to play SG?

Definitely too much, but it only way it has a chance to get done. Jazz has to match this huge offer to keep him.

This gives us best chance to get him. Anything reasonable would have been matched in 2 seconds

They have $30mil in cap space. Who else are they gonna spend that money on? Either way they're gonna look like morons.

They'll have either let their 3 best players walk away for absolutely no compensation within a 12 month span, of they'll be paying Hayward nearly $15mil more than he asked them to give him a few months ago.

Dolts.

Archived