• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News Report: Stephenson battle down to Hornets, Pacers, and Mavs

teeray

Wow! PR nightmare. Doesn't sound dependable. That's very risky behavior to someone who's potentially investing millions, no wonder the crickets are out.

The Bulls took a risk on Rodman but they were already a championship team. I don't know if you can build a team like that, especially such a young team like the Hornets are now.

It's becoming clear that a trade is the only way a real and lasting upgrade can happen for this team.

I didn't even read the thread.

All I saw was someone call someone racist and that was KT's go to accusation.

If you though Bob Johnson was a bad owner you were racist according to KT.

Wanting to discuss race relations as Think would like does not automatically equal racism. The difference is KT would automatically jump to accusations.

And whether you like it or not, there is some institutional racism still prevalent in sports in the form of stereotypes. My favorite part about watching the draft is you can instantly guess what attributes they will laud over a guy simply because of his race. Doug McDermott has great basketball iq and can shoot and is compared to Wally Szerbiak. Andrew Wiggins is a raw athlete with great potential that needs development and is compared to Tracy McGrady.

Stuff like that doesn't make you Donald Sterling, but like most stereotypes it's simply lazy and convenient and by passing discussion like this off as "racism" is avoiding the issue.

Back to Lance, I don't think his adventure on the market has anything to do with race, but I do believe his demonstrative style of play makes him an easy target for the Pacers collapse when I don't believe he was the scapegoat at all.

Players used to try and get in others' heads all the time and guys like Rodman and Miller were praised for that skill. Now Lance does it and it's a problem? I don't buy it.

Wow! PR nightmare. Doesn't sound dependable. That's very risky behavior to someone who's potentially investing millions, no wonder the crickets are out.

The Bulls took a risk on Rodman but they were already a championship team. I don't know if you can build a team like that, especially such a young team like the Hornets are now.

It's becoming clear that a trade is the only way a real and lasting upgrade can happen for this team.

Last year by all accounts the Bobcats had an awesome locker room with alot of "good guys" that got along well and everyone enjoyed playing with each other. It was also an easy team to root for that ended up surprising folks and carried alot of good vibes into the rebrand.

But at the end of the day, that team couldn't hang with any of the teams in the conference finals and were painfully outmatched in a first round matchup with the Heat. LeBron and Carmelo scored career highs against them.

Everybody wants to have a "Spurs" culture and yes, that's ideal, but the difference is they have some of the all-time greats on that team. Popovich, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili are all really talented players and at the end of the day you need some talent if you want to go far.

I would rather the front office swing for the fences on risky guys like Hairston and Stephenson who, if they pan out, could take this team far, rather than re-signing CDR because he was a good guy and a nice story and fan favorite.

Lance's issues have nothing to do with race. Soliciting a tranny hooker looks bad no matter what color you are. He's not discussing race relations, he's accusing others of racism for no reason. He accused me of being racist as well, which is pretty dumb because he doesn't even know what race I am. It's not a discussion, it's an idiot bringing unwarranted racist accusations into a conversation for no reason whatsoever.

Lance's issues have nothing to do with race. Soliciting a tranny hooker looks bad no matter what color you are. He's not discussing race relations, he's accusing others of racism for no reason. He accused me of being racist as well, which is pretty dumb because he doesn't even know what race I am. It's not a discussion, it's an idiot bringing unwarranted racist accusations into a conversation for no reason whatsoever.

It's having idiotic fun.

And yes, nearly all of the people who thought paying Hayward almost $16M a year was justified, but paying Stephenson $10M would be too much, are white. 

Anyone who doesn't think "race" is clouding these people's judgment is lying to himself.

It's having idiotic fun.

And yes, nearly all of the people who thought paying Hayward almost $16M a year was justified, but paying Stephenson $10M would be too much, are white.

Anyone who doesn't think "race" is clouding these people's judgment is lying to himself.

I think in the NBA, it's the other way around....just saying

I never said his issues had to do with race. I made that clear towards the end of my novel that I just wrote up there. ^

Think brought race up, but he didn't appear to come after you. That was to Chuckie who said we shouldn't go after Lance because "the fanbase can't identify with him." 

You don't even have to bring race up to rebut that particular portion of Chuckie's post. One of the most beloved athletes in Charlotte sports history is Steve Smith, a guy with all the talent in the world with a knack for getting in guys' heads and occasionally blowing a gasket. Stephen Jackson loved Charlotte and hated when he got traded, so I don't buy that Lance Stephenson is going to tear down all that we have been building. Heck, if LeBron had not been the target of his antics, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Archived